Solomons Bridge early morning

Jbeckman

Son said he was about 2 cars behind a serious crash on the Solomons bridge around 1 or 2 this a.m....car crossed center, hit side, went up and hit the fencing and came back down and was in the SB lane, (was originally traveling southbound) - facing north bound when all was said and done. Said they came upon it..but only second car behind traveling SB...and people kept looking over the fencing. Said all the windows were busted...didn't know if they were drunk, if someone was thrown out into river. Any one..Don't see it anywhere.

BOP

My wife remarked on that as we went to SMIBville this afternoon. She called it.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Wow they are so lucky that the fence held up and kept them from going over.

:yeahthat:

Maybe some day someone can explain to me the logic behind putting the fencing at the lower ends of the bridge and not up at the top where it is a longer drop to the water? Just seems counter-intuitive to me.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Maybe some day someone can explain to me the logic behind putting the fencing at the lower ends of the bridge and not up at the top where it is a longer drop to the water? Just seems counter-intuitive to me.

No fence: water below... No $$$$$
Fence: people, houses, communities, roads, cars, cats, dogs.....$$$$

rigz1381

ohmergerd

Fence isn't to protect the people in the cars. Fence is to protect the innocent people below the bridge from having a car in their house!

Jbeckman

No info on the crash, the driver- was this alcohol suspected. Did the person get thrown from the car...son said people kept looking over the rail...where the fence was bent and damaged...like they were looking for someone or thing.

GopherM

Darwin was right

It is to keep people from throwing junk over the side of the bridge and hitting houses or people down below...not to keep the cars from going over.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Danzig, sir great pictures as always, just curious do you ever sleep. You seem to be everywhere where the action is at once. As always great job...

He didn't take those pictures

As far as the accident, no one was ejected or thrown over.

bcp

In My Opinion
He didn't take those pictures

As far as the accident, no one was ejected or thrown over

This is a good thing. if seat belted I would assume that there was not life threatening injuries. I hope.

Danzig

Danzig, sir great pictures as always, just curious do you ever sleep. You seem to be everywhere where the action is at once. As always great job...

Yea, those were not my photos, I heard the call go out, and knew Brian was there. I sleep a few hours a day, I just got back in from 5 calls, All were BS. I go on tons of call that don't make my photo site or my news site.
Southern Maryland News Net | One Click From Being There or www.somdnewsnet.com also forwards to it.

I am not sure but I think the car was empty when police got there.

bcp

In My Opinion
Yea, those were not my photos, I heard the call go out, and knew Brian was there. I sleep a few hours a day, I just got back in from 5 calls, All were BS. I go on tons of call that don't make my photo site or my news site.
Southern Maryland News Net | One Click From Being There or www.somdnewsnet.com also forwards to it.

I am not sure but I think the car was empty when police got there.

That would mean either stolen or drunk drivers if you ask me.
I'm no expert on these matters however, so don't let either one start a rumor

Jbeckman

That would mean either stolen or drunk drivers if you ask me.
I'm no expert on these matters however, so don't let either one start a rumor

that's was one of the things I was wondering, as my son said who couldn't see very well, but didn't see anyone...

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
that explains looking over bridge, i'm always on my P's & Q's when i get to that corner, expecting this situation. Not that there would have been much i could do !!