Rt 234 @ allens fresh..

DUH!!!!!! Did you see the big sink hole on TV? Probably for sometime the way I see it before the county, state or whomever gets it fixed or repaired whatever they do.

I would think they could put a temporary span across it. How hard could it be? Amish could have a wooden bridge put up in a day.

dave1959

DUH!!!!!! Did you see the big sink hole on TV? Probably for sometime the way I see it before the county, state or whomever gets it fixed or repaired whatever they do.

Well Duuuuh...Yes I did...But from this morning on :"The other net"

At the height of the storm, more than 50 roads in Charles County were flooded and/or impassable, and an additional 10 roads that suffered structural integrity damage due to the storm, but all county roads have been opened to traffic

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I read somewhere yesterday that some of the remaining road and/or bridge structure is unstable. Sounds like they will have to do a lot of tear out and excavation before putting back in anything new.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
If it is anything like Mechanicsville road it will take a year.

They showed the road on new4 last night and it just showed huge rocks placed in front of the hole to prevent people from fallin in.

Well Duuuuh...Yes I did...But from this morning on :"The other net"

At the height of the storm, more than 50 roads in Charles County were flooded and/or impassable, and an additional 10 roads that suffered structural integrity damage due to the storm, but all county roads have been opened to traffic
I believe 234 is considered a state road and not a county road.

Yeh, that could be...but its still a road in the "county" so it's a county road.
I'm just sayin...
Nope. The list put out by SHA of state roads closed did not contain county roads and the list the county put out on county roads closed did not list state roads. If you saw of list of combined roads it was probably combined by the news distributor that published the lists.

BTW, I kept looking for "Route 6" and "Route 234" forgetting that those roads are referred to by name now... old habits are hard to break.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Nope. The list put out by SHA of state roads closed did not contain county roads and the list the county put out on county roads closed did not list state roads. If you saw of list of combined roads it was probably combined by the news distributor that published the lists.

BTW, I kept looking for "Route 6" and "Route 234" forgetting that those roads are referred to by name now... old habits are hard to break.

anyone been that way recently, is it opened up yet? want to go that way friday vise 235 /6 /301 ...

Gooseneck

It is still closed, and probably will be for a good while. I read that SHA divers discovered structural damage to the bridge itself.

dave1959

• MD 234 (Budds Creek Road) over Allens Fresh Run (east of US 301, south of La Plata, Charles County) – Temporary bridge to open by mid-November. Roadway is closed at the bridge and a posted detour is in effect. The detour is: MD 234 to MD 236 (Thompsons Corner Road) to MD 6 (Charles Street) to US 301.
MD 234 over Allens Fresh Run is a bridge structure (greater than 40 feet) that has been compromised. SHA is procuring a temporary bridge to expedite opening the road to traffic. SHA is working with local utility companies to relocate extensive exposed utilities. The temporary bridge and approach roadways should be open to traffic by mid-November, weather permitting. A design is underway for a permanent replacement of the bridge, which will cost approximately $3 million and be complete by late-2012.
“We know the detour for MD 234 adds a lot of time and mileage for commuters,” said Mobley. “We are doing everything we can to get the road open as soon as possible.”

• MD 234 (Budds Creek Road) over Allens Fresh Run (east of US 301, south of La Plata, Charles County) – Temporary bridge to open by mid-November. Roadway is closed at the bridge and a posted detour is in effect. The detour is: MD 234 to MD 236 (Thompsons Corner Road) to MD 6 (Charles Street) to US 301.
MD 234 over Allens Fresh Run is a bridge structure (greater than 40 feet) that has been compromised. SHA is procuring a temporary bridge to expedite opening the road to traffic. SHA is working with local utility companies to relocate extensive exposed utilities. The temporary bridge and approach roadways should be open to traffic by mid-November, weather permitting. A design is underway for a permanent replacement of the bridge, which will cost approximately $3 million and be complete by late-2012.
“We know the detour for MD 234 adds a lot of time and mileage for commuters,” said Mobley. “We are doing everything we can to get the road open as soon as possible.”

Sheesh, throw a dozen 18" pipes down there, fill up with crushed rock, cover with fill and pave that sucker.