Game of Thrones

Radiant1

Soul Probe
If you're looking for amazing epic fantasy, though, I would suggest picking up George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows (not out yet...but hopefully soon)

It's by far the most rivetting fantasy saga I've ever read---and it in fact has changed my entire outlook on the genre. Everything else seems to pale in comparison. It's not light reading, though, so if you're used to Harry Potter, don't do this to yourself.

^^ That was posted in 2004.

I love the books! A Dance With Dragons is out now with two more books in the works.

Did anyone watch the first season of HBO's Game of Thrones? Peter Dinklage won an emmy last night for best supporting actor, and it was well deserved! I'm definitely looking forward to season two!

Anyone else a fan of books and/or show?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I just started A Game of Thrones last week and so far I really like it! I am having a hard time keeping all the names of the minor characters straight, though. I'm usually a very fast reader but I find myself lingering on the pages because there's so much to take in. I will be reading this book for the next few months. :lol: Haven't seen the show yet, but am planning on watching season 1 whenever I finish this thing. :lol:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I just started A Game of Thrones last week and so far I really like it! I am having a hard time keeping all the names of the minor characters straight, though. I'm usually a very fast reader but I find myself lingering on the pages because there's so much to take in. I will be reading this book for the next few months. :lol: Haven't seen the show yet, but am planning on watching season 1 whenever I finish this thing. :lol:

Yay, another fan! :yahoo:

I had to refer to the House lineage list and the map often. Some of those minor characters become prominent later.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yay, another fan! :yahoo:

I had to refer to the House lineage list and the map often. Some of those minor characters become prominent later.
When I bought the book and saw the appendix in the back with all the names listed (the reason I bought a paper copy vs downloading on my Kindle) I knew I was in for it. :lmao: There seem to be an inordinate amount of people whose names start with R. :lol: I thought it might be a good idea to watch a couple of episodes to try to put faces to some of the minor characters. I'm about 200 pages in so I thought the first two episodes would be safe to watch...jump to 2:30 last night when I'd just finished the fifth episode and had to make myself go to bed. :roflmao: Oopsie. :lol:

P.S. The very first scene (the Prologue) scared the crap out of me. It was a lot scarier than it was in the books. :lol:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
When I bought the book and saw the appendix in the back with all the names listed (the reason I bought a paper copy vs downloading on my Kindle) I knew I was in for it. :lmao: There seem to be an inordinate amount of people whose names start with R. :lol: I thought it might be a good idea to watch a couple of episodes to try to put faces to some of the minor characters. I'm about 200 pages in so I thought the first two episodes would be safe to watch...jump to 2:30 last night when I'd just finished the fifth episode and had to make myself go to bed. :roflmao: Oopsie. :lol:

P.S. The very first scene (the Prologue) scared the crap out of me. It was a lot scarier than it was in the books. :lol:

Haha! I'm going nuts waiting each week for the next episode in season 2. I've never been like that over a television show before, and it's not like I don't know what's going to happen since I read the books. :doh:

It WAS scary, and when I watched it I remember thinking "Thank God, they're going to do this right!" :lol:

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
LOVE the show. I have not read the books yet, but I will this summer. I might ad that I have never been a "fantasy"-type book reader/show watcher in the past. I was kind of worried this show would not hold my interest. I'm so happy I was wrong!

Pete

Repete
I watched last night. It was pretty good until in one scene the king was rolling around with someone, the camera angle changed to reveal it was another guy he was sucking face with.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I watched last night. It was pretty good until in one scene the king was rolling around with someone, the camera angle changed to reveal it was another guy he was sucking face with.
Between the violence and the sex, it's the most graphic TV show I've ever seen. And I'm a True Blood fan. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Between the violence and the sex, it's the most graphic TV show I've ever seen. And I'm a True Blood fan. :lol:

Which is fine but they should give you a warning or something.

"Wow the king is throwng down! He is getting his groove on! Wait......hold on, that chick........wait.....a beard! That's a guy! [Sam Kinnison scream]Ohhhhhhhh OOOOOOOOOOOO![/Sam Kinnison scream]

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

"Wow the king is throwng down! He is getting his groove on! Wait......hold on, that chick........wait.....a beard! That's a guy! [Sam Kinnison scream]Ohhhhhhhh OOOOOOOOOOOO![/Sam Kinnison scream]
In the first season there's a scene with a 6 year old boy breast feeding. I welcome men kissing. :lmao:

:roflmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Of all the disturbing stuff on that show, that was by far the most disturbing so far!
I agree! That and the horse beheading. There's at least one scene in each episode that has me thinking they've gone a bit too far. :lol: