Insects very active here

steppinthrax

I've been stung by a bee twice in a month (two different locations on my property). I've seen some serious spiders (the type you usually see on nat geo). Plenty of silverfish, centipedes and beetles.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I've been stung by a bee twice in a month (two different locations on my property). I've seen some serious spiders (the type you usually see on nat geo). Plenty of silverfish, centipedes and beetles.

We've lived here 4 years now and I'm used to all these bugs around this time of year here. But I have to agree that this is the worst I've seen the spiders since living here. They seem to be bigger than ever and most of them are hairy in all sorts of colors I've never seen before. :cds: :lol:

BOP

Won't happen. I caught him last night using feral cat for bait. Gonna sell to the highest bidder or maybe domesticate him. As far as bugs, though, I've had a bunch more spiders than usual.

Train him to hunt Emus.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Won't happen. I caught him last night using feral cat for bait. Gonna sell to the highest bidder or maybe domesticate him. As far as bugs, though, I've had a bunch more spiders than usual.

you've been hanging out with bcp again huh?

:spank:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Kinda hard to see aren't they? .

Very easy to see where they've been though. I look like somebody went crazy on me with the point of a red Sharpie pen...

you can see them with the naked eye when they are on white/light clothing. Barely visible little specks that move..and move surprisingly fast too.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Kinda hard to see aren't they? I've seen some pretty small reddish looking mite type things crawling on our outside workbench, but I don't know if they are chiggers or not.

Those are probably spider mites. I have had the sunny end of my house almost completely covered with them before. The bad thing is, they are so small than can crawl through the mesh on most screens.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Those are probably spider mites. I have had the sunny end of my house almost completely covered with them before. The bad thing is, they are so small than can crawl through the mesh on most screens.

I would bet so too. Chiggers live in loose leaves and the like; in and around the edges of a wooded area. They will climb up low-lying bushes and taller grasses to jump on ya when you brush by..but that's about as far 'away from home' that they'll travel as far asI understand the nasty little buggers.

I got 'em whilst cleaning up some junk along the edge of my woods.

nomoney

We've lived here 4 years now and I'm used to all these bugs around this time of year here. But I have to agree that this is the worst I've seen the spiders since living here. They seem to be bigger than ever and most of them are hairy in all sorts of colors I've never seen before. :cds: :lol:

:yeahthat: I've been noticing the spider infestation since early August. :cds: