10/26 free rabies clinic Solomons

frequentflier

happy to be living
On Weds Oct 26, 2011 from 6PM-7:30PM, The Chesapeake SPCA & CC Environmental Health Division will be offering FREE rabies shots at the Solomons Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department in Solomons.
Cats, dogs and ferrets must be in a carrier or on a leash.
To get a 3 year rabies shot, bring proof of prior vaccination. Calvert County pet licenses also available- bring proof of spay or neuter.
Though this a free service they are offering, they do accept donations.

SPCA phone # 301 855-6950
CC Env Health #410 535 3922

highnote

Are these free clinics normally very busy? When is the best time to go (towards the end, or towards the beginning)? What is the average wait time (for those of you that have been before)?

frequentflier

happy to be living
Are these free clinics normally very busy? When is the best time to go (towards the end, or towards the beginning)? What is the average wait time (for those of you that have been before)?

Hold crap!I arrived at 6:03 with one of my dogs and the line was out the front of the bay, around the length of the side and all the way around the back of the building. When I drove by at 7:40 (the clinic was to go from 6-7:30) there were still people and animals in the bay area. I am curious how many animals were vaccinated.
I will take my dog to the clinic or vet for her shots.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
We got there at 6:15 and waited, only to be told that the vet would be leaving at 7:30 and they would have to cut the line short. If I had to guess, I'd say more folks didn't get their shots than did. It was the most people I've seen at one of these clinics.