Violence in Lexington Park

keekee

Violence in Lexington Park (sorry, & San Souci)

So much seems to go unreported in the local news.

About a month ago, a young man was randomly shot with a beebee(sorry, "BB") gun in front of Shoppers Food Warehouse. The beebee(sorry, "BB") was shot from a dark-colored SUV, lodged in his leg and had to be surgically removed. The vehicle was caught on surveillance video but the shooter was never apprehended.

And now a couple of days ago, a young man was randomly taken down, kicked, and beaten near Nicolet Park by a group of teenie-bopper punks, and had his wallet stolen. He ended up in the E.R. getting stitches and getting a tooth fixed.

Why aren't these stories in the news?

Last edited:

BravoFarp

Certified P.I.A.
Kids getting shot with B guns and getting hurt, and other kids getting into fights in LP isn't news. It's not news unless they show up to take pictures. Haven't you noticed that hardly anything happens on the weekends?

Hank

my war
There are a LOT of stories in the news that I don't care about.
But I do care if I might get shot or jumped walking around my neighborhood minding my own business. That would suck.

So then start a news program and report about it....duh

keekee

You sure it wasn't a .177 cal air gun?

I have no idea. The police took the "projectile" to file it away somewhere.
Here is a pic of the wound.
Hopefully I posted the pic correctly(?)

wound.jpg

BravoFarp

Certified P.I.A.
Perhaps one day, people can look outside (scary I know) to see whats actually going on, or even step outside every once in a while. Maybe even look around and observe things and decide for themselves if they think it's safe or not. Then, maybe they can find a way to contact other people to help them if they see something wrong.Im scared of the weird future world......

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Reporting has gone to the way side. Re posting police reports is now "reporting." However, if you get a hold of TheBaynet or Southern Maryland News Net..............

keekee

So then start a news program and report about it....duh

That's what I'm doing. I'm not tech-savvy enough, nor do I have the time to make a website. Besides, I'm bored and this forum has no good discussions going. Pulled you in, :razz: didn't I?

BravoFarp

Certified P.I.A.
Bottom line, if it's not a car crash, drug bust, or something the county commisioners are doing, there is probably not going to be a story about it. I know what u mean. I can learn about what parts of DC to stay away from at night by watching Fox 5, but down here we are definately on our own.

keekee

I just looked at this week's crime report on the STM Sheriff's website. All stories reported include an arrest report. I wonder if they don't get reported as quickly if the bad guys don't get caught...? Unless I missed it, the Shopper's "BB" shooting was never posted on the Sheriff's website. Maybe a BB isn't a big deal, but if you had one lit into your ass, I bet you'd be pissed.

I do respect the police. I think their hands are probably tied in most cases.
But crimes like these usually warrant a slap on the hand and a stern warning from the judge. Which equates to... nothing.

edinsomd

I have a "bee bee" gun. Shoots a whole fleet of 'em at once. Or just one big one. No problems with punks around here. Wonder why...

Hank

my war
I just looked at this week's crime report on the STM Sheriff's website. All stories reported include an arrest report. I wonder if they don't get reported as quickly if the bad guys don't get caught...? Unless I missed it, the Shopper's "BB" shooting was never posted on the Sheriff's website. Maybe a BB isn't a big deal, but if you had one lit into your ass, I bet you'd be pissed.

I do respect the police. I think their hands are probably tied in most cases.
But crimes like these usually warrant a slap on the hand and a stern warning from the judge. Which equates to... nothing.

How long ago did this happen? I remember reading about something this.

keekee

Yes.

Most folks I know have dug out a pellet or two, not a big deal

Awesome! Come on by and help me out with target practice!
Will you be moving around, or a stationary target? :evil:

I've never dug out a pellet.
Your folks might want to be more careful about who they shoot with.
Gun Safety tip: don't point the gun at yourself or at your friend.
(If someone is in your castle, then all bets are off.)

Last edited: