Oxygen Bars

watercolor

yeah yeah
Does anyone know if there are some that can be found in MD/DC/VA?

I was just wondering if someone has heard of any being around. I know that there was one, in DC this past weekend, (the 24th) and I was hoping that they would be around a little longer. But eh...I was thinking that someone would know something about it.

Let me know if you do. I know that I found a site, of one that is recommended to me when I go back home to cali next year (www.22O2bar.com ) ...I will be sure to let you all know when the time comes.

Well, like I said, if there is one around that is in ample driving distance..let me know. :cheesy:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know nothing about Oxygen Bars, what the heck are they? All I can picture is the Milk Bar in A Clockwork Orange.....

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
At first I thought she was talking about one of those energy sports bars that you eat after working out.

Her link didn't work, I think she means this place

It's a bunch of hokey, but hey --it's your money. :wink:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Believe it or not...

They're not bad!
I was at a convention this year and a company had a booth set up that they take to colleges as added flair for certain events. It was the last day of the convention when I wandered over there. I was dragging my butt, dead tired and hung over, and I tried the oxygen bar.
After about ten minutes I was my usual perky self.
They also have a variety of flavors that were pretty cool. I did the eucalyptus; it was really revitalizing!
I don't think they have them in this area, though, but I could be wrong.

T.Rally

In the world of Pay TV, ATM fees, coffee houses, and bottled water, oxygen bars represent the newest way for people to blow their money. There are no proven health benefits, so why pay for something that is available for free?

I guess some people must have money just lying around the house and they have to find a way to spend it.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by Sharon
At first I thought she was talking about one of those energy sports bars that you eat after working out.

I was thinking the same thing Sharon... I was a bit confused.
Never heard of this b4...

watercolor

yeah yeah
well technically Oxygen is not free T.Rally. I mean, we are breathing in more carbon dioxide and filth than o2.

Anyway..I just thought I would try it. Maybe it is not something that is blown...maybe it is...7 bucks is not to expensive for me to try

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Just out of curiosity...

Originally posted by T.Rally
In the world of Pay TV, ATM fees, coffee houses, and bottled water, oxygen bars represent the newest way for people to blow their money. There are no proven health benefits, so why pay for something that is available for free?

I guess some people must have money just lying around the house and they have to find a way to spend it.

Have you tried it?

T.Rally

I meant no offense watercolor. It just seems to me that we as cusomers are willing to spend money on just about anything. I think my wife must have every kitchen gadget made by pampered chef. And if she doesn't feel like baking, she can always light up an aroma scented candle to make it smell like she did some baking. Or she can bake something and put it in one of her high dollar baskets she got at a basket party. Basket party?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
T Rally --your wife sound like a real party gal. :wink:

Hide the mail :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!

Kinda like smokers.. There are proven health problems, and you could easily inhale bad air for free (put your mouth up to an exhaust pipe for awhile) and people STILL pay outrageous amounts for this..

bknarw

Attire Monitor
You guys are gonna LOVE this...

The guy I share the cottage with (Ken, Barbie's honey) collects those Langernbergeigergurbergr baskets!!!
He has about 30 of them all over his house!

Oh, and Smalltown, please don't start with the anti-smoking stuff...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You know if I was rich I'd have all the junk ever made. i warch infomercials and think "Man, I've got to have that!" Luckily I have enough common sense not to get it all. I do however have Orange Clean which I love and Oxi Clean which I like also. They started selling them in stores now so I'm in luck!

T.Rally

bknarw - Have I tried breathing straight O2? Yes, in an oxygen bar? No. My father in law had a lung transplant about two months ago. Leading up to the transplant, he had to breathe straight O2 almost constantly. I suffer from what are called cluster headaches, and one of the prescribed remedies is O2. So when I had one, I went over to the tank and took a hit. Cleared it up almost immediately. The problem with straight O2 is it can be addicting. Personnally, I know it is. I felt like taking hits from it all the time.

The biggest problem with lung transplantees is weaning them off the O2 bottle. Even though they don't need it, they become so hooked on it they can't give it up. My father-in-law was not one of them. He came home from the hospital, sent the O2 packing 3 days later.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
It's okay now...

bknarw - Have I tried breathing straight O2? Yes, in an oxygen bar? No. My father in law had a lung transplant about two months ago. Leading up to the transplant, he had to breathe straight O2 almost constantly. I suffer from what are called cluster headaches, and one of the prescribed remedies is O2. So when I had one, I went over to the tank and took a hit. Cleared it up almost immediately. The problem with straight O2 is it can be addicting. Personnally, I know it is. I felt like taking hits from it all the time.

The biggest problem with lung transplantees is weaning them off the O2 bottle. Even though they don't need it, they become so hooked on it they can't give it up. My father-in-law was not one of them. He came home from the hospital, sent the O2 packing 3 days later.

I understand completely, after realizing that your rant was based on bitterness over the wife's spending habits.
:biggrin:

T.Rally

bknarw

I have nothing to be bitter about. She can buy what she wants, she makes more than me.

Gee, maybe I am bitter?

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: You guys are gonna LOVE this...

Originally posted by bknarw

Oh, and Smalltown, please don't start with the anti-smoking stuff...

not starting anti-smoking stuff. Just pointing out the fact that smokers pay a lot more for a lot dirtier air.