Windy

Wenchy

Hot Flash
All kinds of stuff falling on the deck/yard.

I'm in California. I just heard a tree go down in the woods behind us.

Anyone else?

All kinds of stuff falling on the deck/yard.

I'm in California. I just heard a tree go down in the woods behind us.

Anyone else?
No trees down, but I'm online looking to see what the wind gust measurements are and can't find any that say we'll have winds over 7 mph...:lol:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
No trees down, but I'm online looking to see what the wind gust measurements are and can't find any that say we'll have winds over 7 mph...:lol:

Do you have the gusts?

I haven't heard the wind chimes ring since Irene. They are going crazy tonight.

belvak

Happy Camper
Lots of wind here this evening too! Haven't heard any trees or anything, but my chimes are chiming away!!! Cold front coming through??? It is supposed to be much colder tomorrow and this weekend.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Gust again and why I now hate trees.

The fence is behind me. The other side was destroyed as well.

Attachments

• irene18.jpg
    irene18.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Well, it happened. Big Oak tree down in the next door neighbor's yard. Luckily, it missed their house.

I'm waiting for the big oak in my front yard to fall on the house. It's coming down before that happens.

I've got one like that too. It scares me, but will cost me a fortune to take down. 4 trunks, each 36" across, probably twice as high as my 2nd story.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I'm waiting for the big oak in my front yard to fall on the house. It's coming down before that happens.

I've got one like that too. It scares me, but will cost me a fortune to take down. 4 trunks, each 36" across, probably twice as high as my 2nd story.

We've got a lot of leaners, too. And big, hangy limbs too :(

:frown: Now I'm worried about my house....

Don't wait. The insurance companies and mortgage companies are more difficult and expensive to deal with.

Instead of a "Hurricane Clause" we got the "Depreciation Clause". We received a check for half the amount estimated. The insurance gal said we would get the full amount. :cds:

Please take down your trees before you have to deal with the crap that happens after. :nomoney:

MMM_donuts

Don't wait. The insurance companies and mortgage companies are more difficult and expensive to deal with.

Instead of a "Hurricane Clause" we got the "Depreciation Clause". We received a check for half the amount estimated. The insurance gal said we would get the full amount. :cds:

Please take down your trees before you have to deal with the crap that happens after. :nomoney:

I was thinking I'd let all that hurricane stuff settle down first. There are some people I work with that are still dealing with tree removal. I guess I'd better get on that!

BOP

Insurance gal must be a Democrat.

You did get the full amount. After depreciation. I take it a :bigwhoop: is in order?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Insurance gal must be a Democrat.

You did get the full amount. After depreciation. I take it a :bigwhoop: is in order?

Depreciation amount minus the deductible ($500). It's probably going to be 10K out of pocket.

The point is the woman said we were getting the entire amount minus the deductible. She lied and then the mortgage company held the check until Dutch put up a fight and they finally endorsed the paltry amount. He will be doing much of the work now to hold down the out of pocket expense.

He had to drive to Bowie to get the check signed.

All damage was done by wind and trees.

You pay and pay to cover your assets and then you get screwed.

Add insurance companies to my list of things I hate.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

That's really crappy. We have State Farm and I'm thinking it's time to reevaluate. We did have USAA but they doubled our rates so we switched. Is there something in your policy that would have been a red flag for how they're handling your claim? I guess I'll need to do some research to figure out what to look out for.