Jake & Al's Chop House

BernieP

Resident PIA
Haven't been there in a while, can anybody give me an update?
Are they still in business? I've been trying to call and the phone just rings, no message.

Thanks

Littlebit

Are they still in business? I've been trying to call and the phone just rings, no message.

Thanks

I think the place is the pits. Been there done that, won't ever go again. Poor service, lousy food, takes forever before you get seated and to see a waitress or waiter, then guess again, wait for food. That's all folks.
Sorry for ranting.

leonardtowngal

Thanks

Still open...I don't think they open until 4pm...have never had any problems there...food always great! Call the manager if you have an issue and give them the chance to make it right...they need to know when something isn't right...too often people are so quick to rag on someone, instead of telling the one that can fix it...

Hank

my war
Still open...I don't think they open until 4pm...have never had any problems there...food always great! Call the manager if you have an issue and give them the chance to make it right...they need to know when something isn't right...too often people are so quick to rag on someone, instead of telling the one that can fix it...

You work there, dontcha? :eyebrow:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the place is the pits. Been there done that, won't ever go again. Poor service, lousy food, takes forever before you get seated and to see a waitress or waiter, then guess again, wait for food. That's all folks.
Sorry for ranting.

Sadly, Jake and Al's had to be removed from my restaurant rotation for that very reason. I have had good food and service there, but it's a gamble. Used to be you'd receive prompt service if you sat at the bar instead of a table, but then even that got to be iffy.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
It wasn't very good the last couple of times we went there either, thought the bad service may have been a fluke so we gave it another chance, same sad result. Poor service and the food didn't make up for it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The food is merely okay - nothing to write home about. The service, on the other hand, is typically pretty terrible and that is a deal-breaker.

Early on, I enjoyed one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Never happened again. Service was never good any of the times I have been there. Sorry to say, it is not even a consideration of places to go anymore.

ohstate

Early on, I enjoyed one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Never happened again. Service was never good any of the times I have been there. Sorry to say, it is not even a consideration of places to go anymore.

+1. We went once years ago and it just wasn't good enough to put on the rotation.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I've always had great service at the Duck. :shrug:

The service at the Ruddy Duck has always been above par. I do not think I have ever had a bad experience with the wait staff. Many of the original bartenders are there which says a lot about the establishment.
It matters, too, that one of the two owners have almost always been present when I have been there.

molly_21

The service at the Ruddy Duck has always been above par. I do not think I have ever had a bad experience with the wait staff. Many of the original bartenders are there which says a lot about the establishment.
It matters, too, that one of the two owners have almost always been present when I have been there.

I have only had one crappy server at The Ruddy Duck, all others have been good or in fact really good. I have always seen both owners at some point during my times there (not on the same night) to make sure things are ok.

Al and Jake's on the other hand, lets just say I only live 2 mins driving from that place and have to pass it to get out of the Ranch Club and have to pass it to get to other places to eat..........................

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have only had one crappy server at The Ruddy Duck, all others have been good or in fact really good. I have always seen both owners at some point during my times there (not on the same night) to make sure things are ok.

Al and Jake's on the other hand, lets just say I only live 2 mins driving from that place and have to pass it to get out of the Ranch Club and have to pass it to get to other places to eat..........................

It suprizes me they are still open. I met a friend there for a glass of wine awhile back. It was a Saturday 6-6:30 and the place was empty except for a couple people at the bar.
A month or so ago, I noticed they had a few signs out on the road for happy hour but now that the state is not allowing "weekend signs", they have lost the ability to draw people in from them. (they did work- I used to use them myself)

thurley42

HY;FR
It suprizes me they are still open. I met a friend there for a glass of wine awhile back. It was a Saturday 6-6:30 and the place was empty except for a couple people at the bar.
A month or so ago, I noticed they had a few signs out on the road for happy hour but now that the state is not allowing "weekend signs", they have lost the ability to draw people in from them. (they did work- I used to use them myself)

It's always packed on the weekends for bands, dj's, and football.

Hank

my war
I've always had great service at the Duck. :shrug:

ehhh... I am usually in the bar, but whenever I have been in the restaurant it has always been spotty service, cold appetizers, burnt calamari, etc... I will stick with the beer..:otter: I do love their food and none of my complaints has deterred me from going back.