Double-Yellow Lines On The Road.....

DEEKAYPEE8569

.....mean "do not pass" or you might spend $200.....plus.

This morning, while stopped for a left-turning front-end loader; I was behind IT and a pick up. From behind me somewhere this Ford (I think) pick up decided he wasn't gonna wait. He pulled around on a double-yellow line to pass the "offending equipment."

Just as the truck got in front of the front-end loader; it turns left, hitting the passenger side window (s?) of the truck trying to go around.
Glass Everywhere! The stricken truck drove past for about 1/8 mile, then turned around to find the operator of the F.E.L..

After my initial "HOLY S**T!", all I could do was laugh at the Big Dummeh.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
wow... how about that...

him being in a hurry has now cost him money!!!

:yay:.... dumb arse

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Did you stay for the police? If not, you may want to call the non-emergency number because otherwise it will be he said vs he said. Sadly the FEL driver could lose his license and/or job if he's found at fault with hitting the truck.

I think if a person is enough of an a-hole to drive like that, they are enough of an a-hole to lie to the police about their version of events. :shrug:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Did you stay for the police? If not, you may want to call the non-emergency number because otherwise it will be he said vs he said. Sadly the FEL driver could lose his license and/or job if he's found at fault with hitting the truck.

I think if a person is enough of an a-hole to drive like that, they are enough of an a-hole to lie to the police about their version of events. :shrug:

No, I didn't. Neither did the 4 or 5 cars behind me. Why not? because the FEL operator completed his turn and went on to where he was going; and the p/u driver went looking for him. So none of the rest of us know WHERE they are.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

How can the FEL driver be at fault? :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
How can the FEL driver be at fault? :confused:

I wasn't at the scene, so I don't know, but what if the truck driver said the FEL side swiped him, hit him when he was turning, didn't stop had no turn signal, whatever? My point is if he's that responsible of a citizen as he drives, he's probably going to be real honest with the police, or insist on the company the FEL worked for to pay his damages. You hear about these kinds of aholes all the time. :shrug: Just saying. I'm not a dishonest person so how am I supposed to know what lies people tell in these situations?

FED_UP

.....mean "do not pass" or you might spend $200.....plus.

This morning, while stopped for a left-turning front-end loader; I was behind IT and a pick up. From behind me somewhere this Ford (I think) pick up decided he wasn't gonna wait. He pulled around on a double-yellow line to pass the "offending equipment."

Just as the truck got in front of the front-end loader; it turns left, hitting the passenger side window (s?) of the truck trying to go around.
Glass Everywhere! The stricken truck drove past for about 1/8 mile, then turned around to find the operator of the F.E.L..

After my initial "HOLY S**T!", all I could do was laugh at the Big Dummeh.

Justice :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
you know, that, and he knows that, and the truck driver knows that. But its not about what folks who are not in the courtroom know, its about what folks who signed statements or appear in court know. When I did jury duty, we did a "he said, she said" sort of case. And with no police report, and no "non-aligned" witnesses, the jury only can go by who sounds more believable.

"Your Honor, I was very careful as I passed that FEL that was in the breakdown lane, with his right signal on, indicating he was pulled over, but just as I went by, he pulled out....."

Sounds llike it could happen that way, doesnt it. I say call, cant hurt, might help some guy keep his job.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Sheriff's office non-emergency number is 301 475-8008
Call them and let them know you witnessed the collision and are willing to make a statement.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I wasn't at the scene, so I don't know, but what if the truck driver said the FEL side swiped him, hit him when he was turning, didn't stop had no turn signal, whatever? My point is if he's that responsible of a citizen as he drives, he's probably going to be real honest with the police, or insist on the company the FEL worked for to pay his damages. You hear about these kinds of aholes all the time. :shrug: Just saying. I'm not a dishonest person so how am I supposed to know what lies people tell in these situations?

you know, that, and he knows that, and the truck driver knows that. But its not about what folks who are not in the courtroom know, its about what folks who signed statements or appear in court know. When I did jury duty, we did a "he said, she said" sort of case. And with no police report, and no "non-aligned" witnesses, the jury only can go by who sounds more believable.

"Your Honor, I was very careful as I passed that FEL that was in the breakdown lane, with his right signal on, indicating he was pulled over, but just as I went by, he pulled out....."

Sounds llike it could happen that way, doesnt it. I say call, cant hurt, might help some guy keep his job.
See attached exhibit A as I conclude from Deekaypee's post and tell me how FEL is at fault. I rest my case. :diva:

Baja28 ESQ, OB/GYN, OU812

:yesishouldbeworking: :lmao:

Attachments

• SCAN2300_000.pdf
    13.3 KB · Views: 94

dave1959

:killingme:killingme:killingme...

The only better justice in this would be for the guy in the truck to be reading these forums and realize what a douche he is....:killingme:killingme

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not sure what the exact law in Maryland is but in most states the double yellow line is a WARNING, that it would be foolish to pass. The only time it is illegal to pass is when signs are posted stating it is a NO PASSING ZONE.

The yellow lines, are merely warnings and it's the signs that count.

Could be different in MD, but in most of the NE it's the signs, not the lines.

Oh, doesn't mean the driver wasn't a dufass, but the technicallity could be his opening to get off and try and place the blame on the FEL - say for not signalling the turn.

DEEKAYPEE8569

See attached exhibit A as I conclude from Deekaypee's post and tell me how FEL is at fault. I rest my case.

It's a moot point now, but the FEL was not in the breakdown lane or on the shoulder of the road. It/the operator was in the right lane on a two-lane road; turning left. FEL's do not have "turn signals" per se; we know that; but instead have yellow flashers that prob'ly should have been flashing.

Makes no difference anyway.....the guy that passed on the double-yellow was at fault.

I just kinda wish I could've been around for THAT conversation. :lol:

DEEKAYPEE8569

See attached exhibit A as I conclude from Deekaypee's post and tell me how FEL is at fault. I rest my case. :diva:

Baja28 ESQ, OB/GYN, OU812

:yesishouldbeworking: :lmao:

Your depiction is close, but this was not at an intersection. It was at a sweeping corner. The FEL was stopped to turn left before the turn; which is why the guy in the P/U felt it was okay to go around.....I guess.

This is prob'ly one time I'll bet he wishes he had passed on the shoulder.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, you folks completely did not get what I was saying. I was demonstrating what the dummeh might say in court, and pointing out the fact that absent witnesses, that version is just as valid as what really happened. A jury/judge has no way to verify either story.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not sure what the exact law in Maryland is but in most states the double yellow line is a WARNING, that it would be foolish to pass. The only time it is illegal to pass is when signs are posted stating it is a NO PASSING ZONE.

The yellow lines, are merely warnings and it's the signs that count.

Could be different in MD, but in most of the NE it's the signs, not the lines.

Oh, doesn't mean the driver wasn't a dufass, but the technicallity could be his opening to get off and try and place the blame on the FEL - say for not signalling the turn.
From the MD drivers manual:

Double (side by side) Separation of lanes where Solid–Yellow;
Travel is in opposite directions and passing is prohibited in both directions.
Left turn maneuvers across this marking are permitted.
Also used in advance of obstructions that may be passed only on the right
side.