united propane in st. leonard is horrible

RPM

I set up an account with them and paid in full to have them come out and fill my propane tank. the delivery was scheduled for today. guess what, no propane was delivered. all i received was a sorry, but we dont have anyone in the area that can deliver it.

of course they had no trouble at all cashing my check for almost $500.

horrible way to treat people, and a horrible way to start a business relationship.

my first fill by them WILL BE THE LAST.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I set up an account with them and paid in full to have them come out and fill my propane tank. the delivery was scheduled for today. guess what, no propane was delivered. all i received was a sorry, but we dont have anyone in the area that can deliver it.

horrible way to treat people, and a horrible way to start a business relationship.

Don't know how futile it will be for you; but try calling and talking to the owner. HE/SHE will get a truck out there; even if it's just for you. I would think anyway. And, if you're out completely and use propane for primary heat, I'd be on the horn right now.

willie

Compare United's prices with any other gas company then you will really be upset.

nutz

Propane has got to be one of the big consumer scams. When I switched to propane, I got "free" rental tanks from Aero. Next thing you know, the pricing starts looking screwy. After numerous calls and questions, finally got it drilled down. Because of the increase in steel prices, tanks are now a hot commodity so they were slapping on a rental fee of $0.99/gallon :confused: I was told if I owned my own tank, of course this fee would go away. Bought and installed my own 1000gal tank called them to come fill it. Nope, "you need to pay for an installation inspection before we can fill it". WTF Then I had to send them a letter stating the tanks would become my property if they weren't picked up before x date. A hot commodity shouldn't be sitting for more than 2 weeks.
Next time, I start price shopping, find out they all charge an inspection fee to make sure it's in compliance with NFPA standards. Chose Valley gas, they came out to inspect and fill (their truck drivers are qualified inspectors :shocking:) AND they put a delivery fee on the bill :cds:

Suburban is still the current highest price leader. SMO, don't like their co. politics.

The real big ripoff comes in the form of portable tanks. Most places are charging ~$4.50/gallon (I just paid $2.49). Your typical BBQ tank is 20 lbs. It takes no more than 4.5 gallons to fill. Blue Rhino has managed to "fudge" the numbers. They no longer fill to tank capacity, check the label closely.

Last edited:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

They're apparently short on drivers (for the last 2 years) and don't bother fixing that issue......according to the driver who finally came out after 3 phone calls to them last winter. I was told there was no driver for my area. The guy who finally came was actually from another gas company, not United Propane.

The first year we were here they automatically delivered every month during the winter. That's what we were told they always do. Now we have to call them when we're getting low which wasn't part of our contract. Not a big deal but they don't get out here quick when you do call them yet they tell us not to call until we're really low on propane. They certainly charge enough that they should be holding up their end of the contract.

wineo

loving life
They are horrible all over ...

:buddies:

:howdy:

I have to agree that kept trying to charge me for tank rental when I owned the tank:duel:. And, they came out and filled my tank when I was COD and they had me listed as COD, Autofill??? How does that work. I only use it for cooking, so now we just take our tank and fill once a year ourselves...:drummer:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yup they sux, going to drop them today, 7.39 / Gal. and I have to use 96 gals a season (47 gal tankl) or i get a 60 / year rental fee. I have just a fireplace. Going with Tayloe and buying a tank from them. How can one charge 7.39 and other 4.25 WTFO...