Butchers

Henry Stauffes does a nice job. They are about 100to yards North of the Loveville post office on the right. No phone. Their hot sausage with extra fat added is as good as I've had.

wineo

loving life
Connelly's on St. Johns Rd.. there is one on Indian Bridge on the end near St. Andrews....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
East end of Indian Bridge, north side right before it dumps on to Rt. 4,,,game processor and a good one to boot.

Bunnieman

In the Leonardtown area.

I will need one soon.
Die Bambi, die.

Lemme get this straight....you hunt and you DON'T know how to process and cut your own game or do it yourself?!?! Sad...

Anyhow here are some sources to do your own and save the money.

NRA... Program Materials Center - Product Details (one of my favs..it also has tasty recipes and preservation methods)

Meat Processing Books & Videos - Meat Processing Books - Meat Processing Videos - Deer Processing Video - Sausage Making Curing Smoking Meats With Rytek Kutas at Heinsohn's Country Store Good source of how-to books

American Wild Game / Processing more links.

And if all else fails... TEH GOOGLES R UR FLEND!

In the Leonardtown area.

I will need one soon.
Die Bambi, die.
Butcher on Indian Bridge Rd. at the Rt 4 end is very good. Most professional set up I have ever seen at a home business butcher. I don't have his card on me. I have deer there now. Well worth the drive from L'town. I go there from Charlotte Hall/Mechanicsville.

Crow Bait

I used to butcher my deer myself, but I just don't have the time or resources any more. Plus - butchers can do really cool things like sausage! (YUM!)

Stauffers in Loveville - Very nice and very reasonable. Not open Sundays.

Nice Rack in Morganza (Morganza turner road to Graves Road) - Nice Operation a lot of options, price is a little higher. Participates in the Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry Deer Donor Program. I have a deer there now.

Connelly on St.John's Road - Nice guy, but won't take a deer that hasn't been skinned. No idea on the prices.

McWilliams on Indian Bridge Road - Nice people, reasonable prices. Participates in the Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry Deer Donor Program.

Lemme get this straight....you hunt and you DON'T know how to process and cut your own game or do it yourself?!?! Sad...

Anyhow here are some sources to do your own and save the money.

NRA... Program Materials Center - Product Details (one of my favs..it also has tasty recipes and preservation methods)

Meat Processing Books & Videos - Meat Processing Books - Meat Processing Videos - Deer Processing Video - Sausage Making Curing Smoking Meats With Rytek Kutas at Heinsohn's Country Store Good source of how-to books

American Wild Game / Processing more links.

And if all else fails... TEH GOOGLES R UR FLEND!
It's not always about knowledge. I am quite capable of butchering my own. That's what I normally do. Sometimes it's about convenience. Deer I got on Thrusday I just didn't have time to butcher myself, so off to the butcher it went.

Bunnieman

Maybe he doesn't want to.

Maybe he should go to Food Lion or BJ's and get it all pre-packaged and purdy like that!

I have always found it humorous that "hunters" go out do the deed claim numerous things of keeping with the land, saving money, whatever but dont want to do there own butchering and processing. Hell...why not just pay someone then to go out and shoot the damn thing for you and bring it back... All pre-packaged and purdy like that...PEH!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Maybe he should go to Food Lion or BJ's and get it all pre-packaged and purdy like that!

I have always found it humorous that "hunters" go out do the deed claim numerous things of keeping with the land, saving money, whatever but dont want to do there own butchering and processing. Hell...why not just pay someone then to go out and shoot the damn thing for you and bring it back... All pre-packaged and purdy like that...PEH!

Are you always this much of an #######?

So you are advocating illegal activities? Got it. Paying somebody to hunt the deer for you is illegal. You would be paying them for the deer, and in MD it is illegal to sell wild game.

I have a friend that is filling crop damage tags. His freezer is filled. He is now bringing me field dressed deer. For free. Completely legal. I currently have one at the butcher being cut.

I now dub you littlebunniemanfoofool.

bulldog

Way to go. Getting off on the right foot I see. Good for you.

Consider this. Before joining the Navy, I was a butcher and our plant processed deer...by the hundreds each year. Given that, I'm very familiar with how to do it.

However, when I retired from the Navy we lived in a small townhouse. I hunted, killed deer and took them to be processed because I did not have the room or the proper equipment to do so. I suspect that many people fit into this category.

Now that we have a bigger place, I do it all myself and help others do theirs.

So, stop being a sanctimonious ass and mind your own damn business.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
normally, the only thing I eat is the tenderloin backstrap? anyway, the good part. :drool:

but I was watching a cooking show where they made them cook with venison ribs..anyone ever eat them? I was kind of intrigued. I have never seen anyone have venison ribs I know when SO and his dad process their deer, they don't keep them...