Is the Calvert Scanner out of order ?

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
I just heard sirens and tried to connect with no luck.

if u can't get that scanner to work go to radio reference website and they i bet have calvert scanners i know they do for stmarys (that way if don isn't in town yo don't miss out on the good stuff that is going on :) )

RPMDAD

FireBrand, i would say yes. If you go to the scanner page and on Calvert Scanner, click on the link that says show slot usage. This message is displayed.

Current Stream Information
Server Status: Server is currently down.

dgates80

Land of the lost
it is running again. Don 't know what it is dropping offline lately though, and it always comes right back online when I click one button when I get home, too. The auto-reconnect seems to time out and give up. ????

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
it is running again. Don 't know what it is dropping offline lately though, and it always comes right back online when I click one button when I get home, too. The auto-reconnect seems to time out and give up. ????

Gee, I have days like that too. Thanks for the scanner, we do appreciate it.

setagt

FYI in case there is an interest----I realized Radio Reference does not offer the Calvert County scanner anymore--nor do any of the iPhone and Droid apps I have tried. The only offering for Calvert County is the Southern Maryland scanner which includes Charles and St Mary's. It seems like this has been the case at least since Hurricane Irene.

dgates80

Land of the lost
FYI in case there is an interest----I realized Radio Reference does not offer the Calvert County scanner anymore--nor do any of the iPhone and Droid apps I have tried. The only offering for Calvert County is the Southern Maryland scanner which includes Charles and St Mary's. It seems like this has been the case at least since Hurricane Irene.

I actually applied to RR to have them carry my feed, they rejected me. I culd not agree to their restrictions. They say i cannot carry the "TAC" police channels, which is total bull crud. So screw 'em.

The RR Calvert feed has not beehn online for a couple of onths, basiclly since the hurricane. Too bad, so sad.

RadioReference is still awesome though, just not going to bow to their arbritary policies.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I actually applied to RR to have them carry my feed, they rejected me. I culd not agree to their restrictions. They say i cannot carry the "TAC" police channels, which is total bull crud. So screw 'em.

The RR Calvert feed has not beehn online for a couple of onths, basiclly since the hurricane. Too bad, so sad.

RadioReference is still awesome though, just not going to bow to their arbritary policies.

That's a recent change too, I believe. Every since the smart phone app came out, they did it to "possibly prevent aiding criminals" :rolleyes:

setagt

Glad to know you are sticking strong to your beliefs....don't ever change that !!! I have "worked around" the problem on both my iPhone and also on the android platform. Thanks for serving Calvert County well.

Roman

Hey DG..I think the TAC Channels are for private relays between Calvert Control, and Public Safety Personnel only. As stated by G1, so that the Perps can't aid other's, and so that the Medical Channels can't be heard by the general public.

dgates80

Land of the lost
My stuff was running fine, it was the server side that needed a kick start.

As far as TAC channels go though, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I am going to carry them.

On another note, the Calvert scanner is going into "hope it stays up" mode, as I am leaving tomorrow for extended travel for a couple of months. It mostly stayed up and running last time, for 5 months, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. If something craps out that requires something more than a reboot, it is just going to have to wait until mid-April.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience!

-- Don

frequentflier

happy to be living
My stuff was running fine, it was the server side that needed a kick start.

As far as TAC channels go though, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I am going to carry them.

On another note, the Calvert scanner is going into "hope it stays up" mode, as I am leaving tomorrow for extended travel for a couple of months. It mostly stayed up and running last time, for 5 months, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. If something craps out that requires something more than a reboot, it is just going to have to wait until mid-April.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience!

-- Don

ruh-roh. I can feel a techie training session coming on :eyesglazingover:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did anyone hear about a possible valium overdose in Calvert County ?
Probably someone wearing a tutu (that's a sign of being 'loopy' y'know !).