Metro parking question - Branch Ave

John Z

if you will
Theoretical: Can you park at the Branch Avenue lot Friday morning (the day after Thanksgiving), and then come back on Sunday evening to pick your car up (when I presume the gates are up), and pay nothing? Are you allowed to park for a couple of days in a metro lot?

mitzi

I wouldn't leave my car there for a couple days. It probably won't be there when you come back.

spinner

Theoretical: Can you park at the Branch Avenue lot Friday morning (the day after Thanksgiving), and then come back on Sunday evening to pick your car up (when I presume the gates are up), and pay nothing? Are you allowed to park for a couple of days in a metro lot?

If I have to leave my car overnight I use the New Carrolton Station, they have a garage for keeping your car more then 24 hours.

wineo

loving life
I was also thinking the same thing:whistle:. Branch Ave Metro has the highest vehicle theft from the parking area. Grew up in that neighborhood:cds:, and thank my parents everyday that they moved us out in the 70's..:buddies:

John Z

if you will
Thanks all; good point about theft. But as far as the rules go, leaving a car at a metro parking lot/garage from Friday morning to Sunday evening is allowed?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Thanks all; good point about theft. But as far as the rules go, leaving a car at a metro parking lot/garage from Friday morning to Sunday evening is allowed?

Let us know on Monday morning, will ya?

Hank

my war

I have done that at the New Carrollton station w/ no issues if you wanted to travel 15 more miles.

obxtracey

Overnight Metro Parking

From the Metro webpage:
Metro - Rail - Parking

Multi-day Parking
Multi-day parking (also known as overnight or long-term parking) is available at three stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, and Franconia-Springfield. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee. See the individual station pages for more details about multi-day parking at these three stations:

• Greenbelt • Huntington • Franconia-Springfield

JazCat

Public Parking at New Carollton Metro

There a public parking lot at New Carrollton Metro located on the left right next to the station. Parking is $9.00 a day. You have to park on levels 3 or above. I always park there when I take the train to Philly or NY.