2 Adorable FLUFFY gray/white kittens

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was contacted by a lady who has 2 adorable gray/white kittens available for placement. They are both males, she wants them to stay together as buddies, and they will both have all their kitten shots, and one already tested negative for FIV/FELV (I was present for the testing at the vet office, the other will be tested soon). She was unable to get pictures of the kittens, but said they look just like the attached picture. The kittens are about 10-12 weeks old.

Attachments

• fluffygraywhitekittens.jpg
    fluffygraywhitekittens.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 205

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
she should know not everyone wants TWO kitties... and they may be placed faster if they didnt have to go together.

.... and they will do just fine if they were split up.... many litters of puppies and kittens are separated and they go one to live a great life!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
she should know not everyone wants TWO kitties... and they may be placed faster if they didnt have to go together.

.... and they will do just fine if they were split up.... many litters of puppies and kittens are separated and they go one to live a great life!

I TRIED to tell her that at 10-12 weeks old they are VERY EASILY split up. She was worried that taking them to the vet was traumatizing them. I said it has to be done. They WILL get over it I said.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
PS - These kittens have deformed front paws that part a little in a "V" shape. They appear to walk and run just fine (she said) and the vet said it posed no problems for the one he examined already.

Roman

It does sound like this lady will probably keep them herself. I could see if the cats were 10+ years old, not wanting to seperate them. How is the Boxer Ark?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It does sound like this lady will probably keep them herself. I could see if the cats were 10+ years old, not wanting to seperate them. How is the Boxer Ark?

He is liking me more each day sadly. I like him a lot too - I hope he goes soon. I can't handle keeping the dogs apart much longer. The poor cat doesn't understand why the bedroom door has to stay closed all the time.

The cat whacked the boxer on the face when he got too nosy, but I didn't see blood, so maybe no claws were used in that lesson? LOL I think now the boxer is less apt to chase a kitty but you never know.

Someone suggested I post a "found" ad on Craigslist to see if anyone is looking for him. What do you think?

Someone else suggested he acts as if he's been abused, and maybe going back to whoever had him is NOT the best thing for him.

I sent email to a NE boxer rescue, and to a big dog rescue group I adopted from in the past - I hope one of them can take him, evaluate him, and find him a good home.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Someone suggested I post a "found" ad on Craigslist to see if anyone is looking for him. What do you think?

No...Someone might "claim" him, and not actually own him, and try to do harm, abuse or sell him, use him as a bait dog.

I would think if he was truly lost, his people would be putting up fliers, etc and be busy looking him.
Perhaps he was dumped for many reasons, and no one is looking for/ or wants him.

Check Craigs List for "Lost" boxers, but be very, very cautious about posting a "found" ad.

If he is as good a dog as you post, you should be able to get him a good home.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
No...Someone might "claim" him, and not actually own him, and try to do harm, abuse or sell him, use him as a bait dog.

I would think if he was truly lost, his people would be putting up fliers, etc and be busy looking him.
Perhaps he was dumped for many reasons, and no one is looking for/ or wants him.

Check Craigs List for "Lost" boxers, but be very, very cautious about posting a "found" ad.

I was asking Roman, not you.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

I've got a boxer someone can have if they want him, not gonna advertise because it's not worth the trouble and he's about 9yrs old so he won't last too much longer anyhow....do they have "old dog homes" like they do for old people? TIA

Roman

With the little bit & pieces I've heard about the Boxer, it sounds as though he was possibly abused by a Man. He can get over that in time, with a good man in his life. I wish I could take him. We have so much to offer to another Dog, but the Hubby RULES the Roost. Happy Thanksgiving Ark.!! OH, sorry for stealing this thread to talk about the Boxer! :buddies:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
For heaven's sake, she gave you good advice. Yes, she's abrasive most of the time but that doesn't mean there isn't some value in what she says. I hope the rescue contacts Catt gave you will be able to pull through for this guy. He sounds like a sweetie.

Roman

I've got a boxer someone can have if they want him, not gonna advertise because it's not worth the trouble and he's about 9yrs old so he won't last too much longer anyhow....do they have "old dog homes" like they do for old people? TIA

Why do you want to re-home him at the end of his little life? That makes me sad! I know that there are circumstances, like a fatal illness, in some cases, Divorce, and allergies, but I just can't imagine finding a home for my pets unless I was dieing. Sorry if I sound so judgemental, I'm sure you have a good reason. To my knowledge, there are no "Old Dog's Homes", most I assume get PTS. :eyebrow:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For heaven's sake, she gave you good advice. Yes, she's abrasive most of the time but that doesn't mean there isn't some value in what she says. I hope the rescue contacts Catt gave you will be able to pull through for this guy. He sounds like a sweetie.

He IS a sweetie - he takes my spot on the bed if I get up, and when I get back he looks at me like "what?". I say "move over" and he does - smart doggie. I felt a hard spot in his right shoulder area and I rubbed it a few times trying to figure out what it was and he became annoyed by that - so I was thinking hmmm could that be a microchip? We tried to find one at the vet office but he was so jumpy. I wonder if he has one and they didn't get a good read? When I tried to look at his skin there with a flashlight, he became defensive, so I left him alone. I'm not willing to push too much with a dog I do not know well. I've never been bitten by a dog and I'd like to keep it that way.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but my gut feeling tells me this boy was abused by someone. Whether it was the prior owner or not? We probably will never know. The hardest part with him is that I do not know his name. It's not a big deal with cats, but with dogs it seems odd to not know what to call them. I tried saying words/names and the only thing he responds to a LOT is the word poopey.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Why do you want to re-home him at the end of his little life? That makes me sad! I know that there are circumstances, like a fatal illness, in some cases, Divorce, and allergies, but I just can't imagine finding a home for my pets unless I was dieing. Sorry if I sound so judgemental, I'm sure you have a good reason. To my knowledge, there are no "Old Dog's Homes", most I assume get PTS. :eyebrow:

I was kidding about getting rid of him; he has separation anxiety as it is and it would totally wreck him to move. He's just a PIA, can't hold water, vomits if he drinks too quickly and farts all the time. Kinda like me as I get older :buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
go rescue somthin 2 fix yr hormones. if ya can`t b civil, u figure out the rest.
u know darn well yr gonna get the comments L...
@ least u toned it down w/weather, as if no1 knows how to chk that out.

go rescue a wild turkey, not a bottle either. worse than drunk chat.

btfo

slang for "Back the #### off." Usually used in conjunction with other internet short hand or "l33t" termage

if u wanna, challenge the wit!

I had a different meaning in mind for those letters when I wrote it - so you didn't guess right :whistle: