Need some brilliant ideas

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, Dream Doggie is mine...IF I can figure out how to get him back home.

Flying out on Tuesday, my car is at BWI. Options:

Fly doggie with me BUT I only have an hour layover in Nashville, not sure if that's enough time to be able to feed and potty him.

Cancel ticket home, rent a car and drive back BUT not sure if I can realistically drive it from central TX to BWI by myself.

Have the wuppo shipped to me BUT I'm kind of nervous about that - anyone ever done that, had a dog shipped?

Any other suggestions?

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Fly doggie with me BUT I only have an hour layover in Nashville, not sure if that's enough time to be able to feed and potty him.

Cancel ticket home, rent a car and drive back BUT not sure if I can realistically drive it from central TX to BWI by myself.

Have the wuppo shipped to me BUT I'm kind of nervous about that - anyone ever done that, had a dog shipped?

Any other suggestions?

Fly to Nashville, easy drive from there to BWI....Gives you time to bond :)

Or is there train service available? Might be a nice train ride back to MD!

Congrats on the new pup! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :howdy:

doubtfull24

Driving really isn't that bad!! I did it and was only 18 at the time.I drove from San Angelo TX to here in less than 3 days. Would have made it sooner but I had a toddler and had to stop to sleep.

Last edited:

jaie

So happy!

Any other suggestions?

Oz and I had our dog fly in it BWI to us from the midwest.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Fly to Nashville, easy drive from there to BWI....Gives you time to bond :)

Or is there train service available? Might be a nice train ride back to MD!

Congrats on the new pup! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :howdy:
Only service dogs allowed on Amtrak.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Oh, did not know that. Thank you!

V..can dream doggie be your "mental health" service dog?
How quick can you sew him a nice Helper Dog vest???

......just kidding :howdy:

Nicer than I, my suggestion would be to hide him in her Schnauzer and smuggle him on board..........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
C. Come to your senses. Unless dog suddenly suits your lifestyle.

I've been thinking about a dog for several months now. Had it narrowed down to a smallish poodle mutt of some form and contacted a few breeders. Then I met Mr. Perfect. It was love at first sight and meant to be.

:love:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Vrai I am just seeing this? How big is the dog/pup? Can he/she go in a carry on? Small under the seat kennel? I used to fly when I was showing and I have a cute under the seat kennel with a zip over top that makes it look like a suit case...legal they charge a carry on fee..I used it as a "sneak on" lol dont tell anyone...:otter: I have also shipped kittens/cats all over even Poland, England and Germany...never lost one I bet I shipped 100 over the years..Delta does a good counter to counter and they are very good with them...I am pretty sure its a DASH....:otter: Where is the pup? Let me re read this...Good luck

Lilypad

I've been thinking about a dog for several months now. Had it narrowed down to a smallish poodle mutt of some form and contacted a few breeders. Then I met Mr. Perfect. It was love at first sight and meant to be.

:love:

Doesn't the local shelter or rescue group have smallish poodle mutts? Is there a breeder for mutts?

Roman

Of course. They're just designer mutts with hybrid names like cockapoo and yorkiepoo. Which is not to slam them because in many cases, mine for instance, a mixed breed is preferred.
Congratulations on yur new Puppy. We can't wait to see his pictures, and to find out what his name is. Good luck on the Travel plans. I've carried my pup on board, but my trip was only about 3 hours, and she was sedated a bit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Mr. Perfect won't fit under the seat so I can carry him on, nor will SWA let me buy him a seat. :ohwell: