Cute republicans

SmallTown

Football season!
republicans are such cute little people. Their childlike innocence can be comical at times.

Over heard some people at work the other day talking about the allegations that Bush was involved with getting Aristede(sp!?) removed from power. One of the guys, a known hardcore Bush lover, starts going off talking about how we would never go to a country like that and remove a leader from power.

Wow. I'm sure Saddam is glad to hear that! :biggrin: :lmao: :lmao:

K

Kain99

Exactly! Us white bread Americans, don't give a flying shait about anyone but ourselves! :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Originally posted by SmallTown
republicans are such cute little people. Their childlike innocence can be comical at times.

Over heard some people at work the other day talking about the allegations that Bush was involved with getting Aristede(sp!?) removed from power. One of the guys, a known hardcore Bush lover, starts going off talking about how we would never go to a country like that and remove a leader from power.

Wow. I'm sure Saddam is glad to hear that! :biggrin: :lmao: :lmao:

Exactly what kind of threat is Haiti to us!!!!? Why would Bush worry about a ####-ant leader from a ####-ant country!?? Only thing he wanted was to stop the bloodshed without getting involved in a civil war.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Cute republicans

Originally posted by itsbob
Exactly what kind of threat is Haiti to us!!!!? Why would Bush worry about a ####-ant leader from a ####-ant country!?? Only thing he wanted was to stop the bloodshed without getting involved in a civil war.

You know why we went in. Its an election year! If it was not an election year you would not hear about intervention in Haiti with Bush in office. Haiti doesnt have any American interest such as OIL or OTHER WHITE PEOPLE. This is just another thing that looks good on Georgies record for November.:wink:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

Originally posted by BuddyLee
You know why we went in. Its an election year! If it was not an election year you would not hear about intervention in Haiti with Bush in office. Haiti doesnt have any American interest such as OIL or OTHER WHITE PEOPLE. This is just another thing that looks good on Georgies record for November.:wink:

We intervened?? When exactly did our boats land, the bombs drop!!?? The "war" is over there, now we are just there to stabilize and save as many lives as we can.. I don't recollect a single American shooting a single round..

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

We intervened?? When exactly did our boats land, the bombs drop!!?? The "war" is over there, now we are just there to stabilize and save as many lives as we can.. I don't recollect a single American shooting a single round..

I consider a country intervening when they let the first troop put their foot on the ground of the country they are intervening in. Now what if a bomb goes off and kills a few American soldiers? Will we not fire a round then?:wink:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

I consider a country intervening when they let the first troop put their foot on the ground of the country they are intervening in. Now what if a bomb goes off and kills a few American soldiers? Will we not shoot a bullet then?:wink:

ensuring Peace does not come without risk.. and our soldiers boots have been on the soil of almost every country in the world.. and have left it better then they found it.. If I was STILL a soldier would rather have the desicions of where I would go, and how much danger I would be in determined by Bush, then ANY democrat.. EVERYBODY hates to go to war, and nobody more then a soldier.. you can say what you want but as a soldier I would feel more secure in knowing that I was being taken care.. as in if I were to go into harms way I KNOW I would have the BEST equipment.. the BEST training.. Not worrying about what some Democrat decided would be best for me.. We have the best tank in the world.. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. the best fighter planes in the world.. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. Artillery .. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. the Best navy in the world.. most of the advancements CANCELLED by a democrat.... Thanks god for republicans.. or we would be the laughing stock of the world.. and being Russia's little B*tch...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

ensuring Peace does not come without risk.. and our soldiers boots have been on the soil of almost every country in the world.. and have left it better then they found it.. If I was STILL a soldier would rather have the desicions of where I would go, and how much danger I would be in determined by Bush, then ANY democrat.. EVERYBODY hates to go to war, and nobody more then a soldier.. you can say what you want but as a soldier I would feel more secure in knowing that I was being taken care.. as in if I were to go into harms way I KNOW I would have the BEST equipment.. the BEST training.. Not worrying about what some Democrat decided would be best for me.. We have the best tank in the world.. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. the best fighter planes in the world.. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. Artillery .. CANCELLED by a Democrat.. the Best navy in the world.. most of the advancements CANCELLED by a democrat.... Thanks god for republicans.. or we would be the laughing stock of the world.. and being Russia's little B*tch...

Its ok you dont have to side with Bush on every single issue.:wink: However I believe that we should not be in those countries in the first place. I believe that we should worry about our nation before going into other nations and beginning future problems. Such contempt is held for us in many countries and why? because we cant keep our nose out of everyones business. Sure some good intelligence coordination is needed but not military involvement from our country unless we are threatened. We are not being threatened by Haiti nor were we threatened by Vietnam or Korea. If you think Bush is the military hero why dont you ask a few fellow servicemen that dont have enough money to make it by. Our troops, our heros are living on welfare! Not to mention the firefighters, policemen, and teachers that are underpaid heros. Before you go bashing any democrat please keep an open mind in what is happening in your own party.:wink:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

Its ok you dont have to side with Bush on every single issue.:wink: However I believe that we should not be in those countries in the first place. I believe that we should worry about our nation before going into other nations and beginning future problems. Such contempt is held for us in many countries and why? because we cant keep our nose out of everyones business. Sure some good intelligence coordination is needed but not military involvement from our country unless we are threatened. We are not being threatened by Haiti nor were we threatened by Vietnam or Korea. If you think Bush is the military hero why dont you ask a few fellow servicemen that dont have enough money to make it by. Our troops, our heros are living on welfare! Not to mention the firefighters, policemen, and teachers that are underpaid heros. Before you go bashing any democrat please keep an open mind in what is happening in your own party.:wink:

You ar SOOO naive. Don't fall for that "military lives on Welfare" crap.. we have the highest paid military in the WORLD.. Money magazine did an article about 10 years ago.. the 10 quickest ways to get rich and retire early.. Joining the Army was #3 on the list.. because you can INVEST every penny you make and still have a place to live.. food to eat.. and clothes on your back.. How many years have you been in the military!? See when I joined i was making about $300 dollars a month.. now they make about $1200... and it's ALL spending money.. I know a LOT of professional people that wish they had 1200 disposable dollars every month...

Course oay no never mind to the young soldier with a wife and 2 or 3 kids that needs food stamps.. but is driving a new car, and has a motorcycle in his backyard.. doesn't mean he's poor.. means he's living beyond his means..

AND NO way do I even buy teachers are underpaid.. if they don't make enough money do what everyone else does.. get a second job.. I worked three at one time to ensure my kids had food on the table.. of course that would mean they would actually have to WORK!!

Police, I don't think so.. not familiar with MD yet, but I know in NH there base salary was around 35 - 45K.. but most took home more in the neighborhood of 70 - 75.. by sitting in their cars at construction zones.. or providing security at a football game, or high school dance.. and I'm thinkin Money wasn't the reason they became teachers and cops.. and if it is they REALLY should go get a different job..

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

You ar SOOO naive. Don't fall for that "military lives on Welfare" crap.. we have the highest paid military in the WORLD.. Money magazine did an article about 10 years ago.. the 10 quickest ways to get rich and retire early.. Joining the Army was #3 on the list.. because you can INVEST every penny you make and still have a place to live.. food to eat.. and clothes on your back.. How many years have you been in the military!? See when I joined i was making about $300 dollars a month.. now they make about $1200... and it's ALL spending money.. I know a LOT of professional people that wish they had 1200 disposable dollars every month...

Course oay no never mind to the young soldier with a wife and 2 or 3 kids that needs food stamps.. but is driving a new car, and has a motorcycle in his backyard.. doesn't mean he's poor.. means he's living beyond his means..

AND NO way do I even buy teachers are underpaid.. if they don't make enough money do what everyone else does.. get a second job.. I worked three at one time to ensure my kids had food on the table.. of course that would mean they would actually have to WORK!!

Police, I don't think so.. not familiar with MD yet, but I know in NH there base salary was around 35 - 45K.. but most took home more in the neighborhood of 70 - 75.. by sitting in their cars at construction zones.. or providing security at a football game, or high school dance.. and I'm thinkin Money wasn't the reason they became teachers and cops.. and if it is they REALLY should go get a different job..

So you dont agree that we should invest in our nation? Why should we help other countries when we do not help ourselves first?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

So you dont agree that we should invest in our nation? Why should we help other countries when we do not help ourselves first?

We are.. everytime you spend money you are.. and even more so if you spend it on something American Made.. other then that, how would one invest in a country? Can I buy USA stock? We don't need anybodys help.. others do.. Americans have proven over and over again throughout histroy.. that we can be depended on to help... What we need to do is get the government out of our lives ... I don't need their help, never did..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I know many rich service men/women:rolleyes:

Actually knew quite a few.. they just didn't drive expensive cars.. ya read more, you'll find that most millionaires live in middle income neighborhoods and drive older cars.. that's how you GET rich.. the people you see that you think are rich probably have a negative net worth.. they make a lot of money.. but owe more on their expensive houses and their expensive cars, and end up not really being worth anything.. but that's OK.. they are driving the American Economy.. paying taxes with every penny they spend..

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

We are.. everytime you spend money you are.. and even more so if you spend it on something American Made.. other then that, how would one invest in a country? Can I buy USA stock? We don't need anybodys help.. others do.. Americans have proven over and over again throughout histroy.. that we can be depended on to help... What we need to do is get the government out of our lives ... I don't need their help, never did..

Yes I agree about the government not being in my life as well. However, some issues need to be addressed and dealt with. How can we deal with such issues as the drug war, homelessness, poverty, corporate scandals, the social security problem, and better education to name a few. How are we supposed to deal with these problems with all of our money going into other countries? I say keep the money mostly here for our benefit. China is already surpassing our economy in many ways and many economisist agree that the one major U.S. economic problem will be that we will have the new technology but we will lack in the number of persons that have the knowledge or experience to deal with this new technology. Our high schools suck to put it in an easier perspective. Why do our high schools suck? because lack of funds which cause lack of sufficient space and supplies which causes more lack in learning while other countries students such as Chinas gain more and more ground each day. I think China graduated about 3 times more engineers than the U.S. last year to give you an idea.:wink:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Actually knew quite a few.. they just didn't drive expensive cars.. ya read more, you'll find that most millionaires live in middle income neighborhoods and drive older cars.. that's how you GET rich.. the people you see that you think are rich probably have a negative net worth.. they make a lot of money.. but owe more on their expensive houses and their expensive cars, and end up not really being worth anything.. but that's OK.. they are driving the American Economy.. paying taxes with every penny they spend..

:yay: Ill have to agree with you here!

It seems that in the county of St. Marys you own a porshe and live in a shack:lol: It boggles my mind.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

Yes I agree about the government not being in my life as well. However, some issues need to be addressed and dealt with. How can we deal with such issues as the drug war, homelessness, poverty, corporate scandals, the social security problem, and better education to name a few. How are we supposed to deal with these problems with all of our money going into other countries? I say keep the money mostly here for our benefit. China is already surpassing our economy in many ways and many economisist agree that the one major U.S. economic problem will be that we will have the new technology but we will lack in the number of persons that have the knowledge or experience to deal with this new technology. Our high schools suck to put it in an easier perspective. Why do our high schools suck? because lack of funds which cause lack of sufficient space and supplies which causes more lack in learning while other countries students such as Chinas gain more and more ground each day. I think China graduated about 3 times more engineers than the U.S. last year to give you an idea.:wink:

OK.. and how much does China spend per student.. on books.. facilities.. supplies per year?? I'm sure we probably spend 10 times per student then they do.. so if it's not the money what is it?

We can't keep throwing money at problems.. after 200 years it's apparent that really doesn't solve any problems..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

OK.. and how much does China spend per student.. on books.. facilities.. supplies per year?? I'm sure we probably spend 10 times per student then they do.. so if it's not the money what is it?

We can't keep throwing money at problems.. after 200 years it's apparent that really doesn't solve any problems..

Been a fun debate.. but have to hget some sleep!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

Thats actually a good question that I dont know the answer to. My guess would be that they dont spend as much as we do. But then again if you have bad teachers that you cant fire because they belong to a UNION then that might be your problem. Bad teachers could indeed be the problem to our failing of our childrens education and for this I blame the Democratic party for protecting the teachers union so that this travesty may continue.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cute republicans

Been a fun debate.. but have to hget some sleep!!

Thanks for the chat:wink:

TripleJ

Buddy, when do you sleep? I don't , just cat naps here and there. I don't know about teachers, but, as far as police go, yes many live beyond their means, it is very easy to work part time, and be paid very well, the problem is when the part time is cut off and one has to depend upon their salary to get by on. I'm sure this is the way in many proffessions, One check for bills, and one check for toys. Myself, I have worked part time and overtime, but goal orientated, as in a need for money for; New roof, vacation, replacing collasped septic tank in yard, X-Mas presents, and etc. I find that life passes very quickly, and the more of it spent with family the better. I'd rather have more memories of my children when I die than how much I worked through the years for what that is worth. Though things did not work out for me, I still value the time spent with my family.:cheers: