20 minute exposure to Walmart's black friday!!

royhobie

hobieflyer
Okay, after 20 minutes, in the CA, MD store, I left. When I saw the K-9 police dogs, I should have figured something was up. My bad! Within the 20 minutes I was there I had no less than 2 girls and one guy walk in to me. The first girl I can understand. She was talking on the cell phone while pushing her cart. And ran right in to me. I was standing at the time. I would say she probably didn't see me. But, I'm 6'4", 210. The first hit, I didn't think very much about it. Accidents happen. The second one hit me with a cart, while I was walking in another section of the store. She didn't have a cell. Just flat out ran in to me. The third person was a guy. He was my favorite hit. He ran in to me "while walking backwards". I saw this guy coming. I even said, "watch it". He too was talking on the cell; but walking backwards. I put my hands out as he walked right in to my hands. He was a pretty nice guy though. He realized he wasn't paying attention.

Anyhow, I tried to leave. (I saved the most interesting for last). The Walmart employee said I could not leave out of a store that was "legally marked as an exit". I had to go to the other, exit. Even though they DID NOT have the exit marked as being closed off. I can understand if I had something. Walked in, and tried to walk out without purchasing one item. He kid told me it was the store rule. I am sure they had their black Friday reason, so I didn't mind. However, they could have had it posted.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Black Friday morning, I was traveling. Traffic was incredibly light and there were no #######s on the road and I only recall one rice burner. Perhaps they were all already out shopping getting their "great" deals.

Even traffic around the 495 was polite. Of course, there were state troopers everywhere; quite a few sting operations.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
As usual for Thanksgiving, I was out of town. I'm not a Black Friday shopper anyway - I don't think any of the "deals" are worth the amount of time it takes to drive around for a parking spot, waiting in line, etc.

So, anyone else have black friday shopping experiences they want to share?
Any fights? People pushin/shovin?

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Yes. I drove through Waldorf on Friday and sure enough, it was pretty black.

:lol:
BTW, I found the other threads about black friday adventures. Don't know why I didn't read through the forums before I posted in this thread. I'll blame it on the Tryptophan.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Okay, after 20 minutes, in the CA, MD store, I left. When I saw the K-9 police dogs, I should have figured something was up. My bad! Within the 20 minutes I was there I had no less than 2 girls and one guy walk in to me. The first girl I can understand. She was talking on the cell phone while pushing her cart. And ran right in to me. I was standing at the time. I would say she probably didn't see me. But, I'm 6'4", 210. The first hit, I didn't think very much about it. Accidents happen. The second one hit me with a cart, while I was walking in another section of the store. She didn't have a cell. Just flat out ran in to me. The third person was a guy. He was my favorite hit. He ran in to me "while walking backwards". I saw this guy coming. I even said, "watch it". He too was talking on the cell; but walking backwards. I put my hands out as he walked right in to my hands. He was a pretty nice guy though. He realized he wasn't paying attention.

Anyhow, I tried to leave. (I saved the most interesting for last). The Walmart employee said I could not leave out of a store that was "legally marked as an exit". I had to go to the other, exit. Even though they DID NOT have the exit marked as being closed off. I can understand if I had something. Walked in, and tried to walk out without purchasing one item. He kid told me it was the store rule. I am sure they had their black Friday reason, so I didn't mind. However, they could have had it posted.

thats funny... I didnt see the dogs.... I saw the handlers and their vehicles.
.... they usually work PT every year and I have never seen them bring the dogs because of how long they work.

I was there from 730pm till a little after 11... and didnt have one problem.
... yes it was packed, and you would get bumped with a cart.. but thats just the way it was. Didnt run into a "nasty" people... just those that were on a mission! :killingme

longest we had to wait was a Target in the electronics line :jameo:... but we all made the best of it!!!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa

Wow, you complain a lot. If you had some warning that the guy was backing up into you, MOVE. You are just as guilty. As for the exit/entrance thing, I am amazed they even had any organization. It would make sense, enter through one set of doors, and exit out the other set, it's a very simple concept.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Wow, you complain a lot. If you had some warning that the guy was backing up into you, MOVE. You are just as guilty. As for the exit/entrance thing, I am amazed they even had any organization. It would make sense, enter through one set of doors, and exit out the other set, it's a very simple concept.

:killingme I hear ya!

I didnt think it was a big deal.... it made it easier for the people to check purchases leaving the store.

the only "crazy" part in the store was crossing in front of the store to check out!

royhobie

hobieflyer

As I said, I didn't mind the exit policy. They should of had it posted before you reach the door, which they didn't. And had I known people were going to run in to me, I would have moved, or put my hand out, as I did with the young gentleman who backed in to me. Thank you for your keen observation.