Sweet 16 Party

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, the daughter is turning 16 and we're having a bash for her. We've rented the clubhouse and are scouting DJs. She's talking 50-60 of her "nearest and dearest". We've recruited some chaperones to keep them drug- and pregnancy-free. Casual dress.

Any ideas you want to share about decorations, party favors, food, etc? I'm a complete dork when it comes to this stuff so I could use any tips or suggestions you can give!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
I read the subject and I thougt.... sweet <b>16</b>??? :crazy:
I was about to say.... I KNOW Vrai is not trying to pretend she is 16!!...:lol:

I can't think of any suggestions in particular.... I can't put myself in the mind-frame of a 16 year old right now... will do later.

Good luck!!:wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear Penguin, I would rather open a vein and bleed to death in a bathtub than be 16 again! :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
My 2¢

Maybe this will sound dumb but it won't be the first time. :lmao:

Is there someplace at the clubhouse where you could hang a new sheet or large piece of fabric so the kids could make a graffiti souvenir for your daughter? Using some permanent sharpie markers, everyone could draw pictures and autographs on it. Then she could keep it for her room at home.

My favorite place to get decorations and party favors is here order early as it usually takes up to two weeks before the package arrives.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon, that's a GREAT idea! I was trying to think of something besides a guestbook for the kids to sign.

Keep 'em coming!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Sharon, that's a GREAT idea! I was trying to think of something besides a guestbook for the kids to sign.

Keep 'em coming!

Drop them all off at the beach.
I'll be more than happy to oversee this event for you!
(Ain't I nice?)
:biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BUZZZ!! Try again. #1, there's no beach around here. #2, it's in October.

You're supposed to be the entertainment guy - think of something entertaining!!!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
BUZZZ!! Try again. #1, there's no beach around here. #2, it's in October.

You're supposed to be the entertainment guy - think of something entertaining!!!

Did I mention that I'm in entertainment?

Uhh...pin the tail on the donkey?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bknarw

Did I mention that I'm in entertainment?

Uhh...pin the tail on the donkey?

But won't your butt get sore from the pins?

(Sorry - just could not resist...) :kiss:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder what she'd think of a CD party favor filled with songs that were popular the year she was born? I'll ask her tonight! Thanks Christy!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: My 2¢

Originally posted by Sharon
Is there someplace at the clubhouse where you could hang a new sheet or large piece of fabric so the kids could make a graffiti souvenir for your daughter? Using some permanent sharpie markers, everyone could draw pictures and autographs on it. Then she could keep it for her room at home.
If I can add to this.... perhaps you can get some old and new pictures of her and her friends and scan them and get them printed on the sheet as a picture collage and then they can sign around them.

Just an idea.... Good luck!

S

ShellyCW

You could buy a couple disposable cameras and leave them lying about for the attendees to use (at the party). That way you get some good off the cuff shots without braving the teen jungle, and maybe some blackmail material. :wink:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Some ideas...

– Have the kids dress in tacky 70's retro...(especially since it's back in style this fall!)
– Have everyone bring a baby picture, tape them to a posterboard and guess who's who...
– Kareoke with a DJ was a HUGE hit with teens at one of our pony club parties! They couldn't STOP doing it!!
– Line dancing – LOTS of line dancing...gets the party REALLY going! (The R&B kind, not country...)