Those were some expensive Girl Scout Cookies

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Man in Holding Cell Succumbs to Cookies

CHESTER, Vt. - A New Hampshire man paid a little more than he bargained for when he began snacking on a handful of Girl Scout cookies.

Dawson Frock, 36, of Boston was driving home with his brother after skiiing at Okemo Mountain Wednesday when he was stopped by police, according to court documents.

Police discovered that Frock had been drinking and was driving with a suspended license. When he refused an alcohol test, police took Frock into custody.

While investigating the car police found that Frock's brother, 30-year-old Ethan of Keene, N.H., was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.

Ethan Frock was taken to a storage area at the Vermont State Police barracks in Rockingham, where he was held while being processed.

Because the barracks lack a holding cell, prisoners are frequently kept in the storage room until they can be taken to another facility.

Unluckily for Frock, the storage room also contained several boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Court documents state that police specifically told Frock to leave the cookies alone.

But when his stomach started rumbling, Frock couldn't help himself and started snacking on the cookies. When police caught Frock munching on the treats they charged him with petit larceny.

At Vermont District Court in Brattleboro Dawson Frock pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence.

A judge sentenced him to 18 to 24 months of probation, 40 hours of community service and a $750 fine.

Ethan Frock, too, paid a price - for succumbing to hunger.

He pleaded guilty to marijuana possession and petit larceny, receiving a combined fine of $500.

After his release Frock said he looked forward to heading home and eating his own box of Girl Scout cookies.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by justhangn
:offtopic: How's the little man feeling??
He says he's better. He was running around like a wild child a little while ago, but I think he's still a little off.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cmcdanal
He says he's better. He was running around like a wild child a little while ago

:yay: Kewlage!

but I think he's still a little off.

That's just going to happen with his parents..... :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Samoas :yay: We've got some Samoa ice cream too. :yum:

Just opened a box of Frozen Samoas.. have to be wuick in this house.. think the kids can smell Samoas in the air.. have to threaten their lives for there to ba any left when I get back from work!

Skeptic

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

I'm not sure if locking someone up in a room full of Girl Scout cookies, then telling him not to eat them would be considered Cruel and Unusual Punishment, or Entrapment. I bet he could have gotten off on appeal.

K

Kain99

Re: Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Originally posted by Skeptic
I'm not sure this would be considered or Entrapment.
It's entrapment when you know the guy you're locking up in the cookie room has the marijuana munchies! :razz:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I heard on the radio today that some Mom's are selling their excess cookies on ebay.