Back up Camera

mcoop

My husband wants a back up camera installed on his Ford truck for Christmas. Where is the best place to get it done?

bcp

In My Opinion
My husband wants a back up camera installed on his Ford truck for Christmas. Where is the best place to get it done?

Trick Trucks.
get the one that uses the mirror for the monitor. when its in reverse the mirror has the image, when in drive the image is gone.

Justme2

Good idea

I know of someone that lived in Balto county and they were visting their brother.
When the visit was over he got in his truck and just backed out the drive way as normal. Needless to say there was a person sitting behind his truck he didn't know was there he died. And it was not a relation to the family He just sat there and the driver didn't know he was there.
Needless to say when you kill some even by accident you feel bad for that person for a really long time.:howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
stylintrucks.com has a selection (type in his truck, then search back up cameras), etrailer.com has some. And of course Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Walmart they all carry them as well.

The one bcp is talking about is nice, a lot of the Toyota's have them.... But some people actually like have the bigger screen. I think they have some with a 3" screen. Guess it depends on your eye sight LOL...

smibarines

I know of someone that lived in Balto county and they were visting their brother.
When the visit was over he got in his truck and just backed out the drive way as normal. Needless to say there was a person sitting behind his truck he didn't know was there he died. And it was not a relation to the family He just sat there and the driver didn't know he was there.
Needless to say when you kill some even by accident you feel bad for that person for a really long time.:howdy:

What? What are you rambling about?

What does that have to do with getting a rear-view camera installed? Or the price of tea in China, for that matter.:smack:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Usually on the back of the truck.. they don't work too well when done on the front bumper.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

What does that have to do with getting a rear-view camera installed? Or the price of tea in China, for that matter.:smack:

Back up camera would have prevented him from running over and killing the person sitting behind his truck maybe??

But just a guess on my part.. Maybe back up cameras and backing up over someone behind your truck are totally unrelated..

BOP

Back up camera would have prevented him from running over and killing the person sitting behind his truck maybe??

But just a guess on my part.. Maybe back up cameras and backing up over someone behind your truck are totally unrelated..

Most people would be embarrassed, but smibmarines isn't most people.

:coffee:

Justme2

Somebody is having a bad day

Well I did read all the posting and you have to think a little about first I guess.
I for one never heard of a camera in the mirror that changes to the camera view and then back to being a mirror.
And if they have children or neighbors have children or he works in a place that has a lot of traffic going on fork lifts and stuff being set around his truck etc it would be a good thing.
As for busting my chops you must be from Southern Maryland I guess.:howdy:
Merry Christmas too you!!!:howdy:

somdfunguy

not impressed
It's a good investment. It came standard on my Terrain and we added the option when we bout the Sonata.

stylintrucks.com is a good place to order from. I worked there back in the old days when it was all sport trucks and mail order. I actually built their first website. Excuse the beta like detour.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well I did read all the posting and you have to think a little about first I guess.
I for one never heard of a camera in the mirror that changes to the camera view and then back to being a mirror.
And if they have children or neighbors have children or he works in a place that has a lot of traffic going on fork lifts and stuff being set around his truck etc it would be a good thing.
As for busting my chops you must be from Southern Maryland I guess.:howdy:
Merry Christmas too you!!!:howdy:

If he is, do the rest of us true county folk have to claim him :ohwell:

It's a good investment. It came standard on my Terrain and we added the option when we bout the Sonata.

stylintrucks.com is a good place to order from. I worked there back in the old days when it was all sport trucks and mail order. I actually built their first website. Excuse the beta like detour.

Can you still get discounts, I order from them more often than not when it comes to doing things to my truck :lol:

My factory installed one is worthless when wet and in low light, and gives less than true images.

What do you mean by less than true?

Back up cameras aren't meant to be pin point accurate, they are more of a 'hey, there is something there', or 'hey, you're getting awfully close' type of thing... I've driven a few vehicles with them, and I for one, would never be able to actually back up to the exact spot I want just using the camera...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

Do you know why when you call the 800 number, they sling discounts at you that they don't normally put on-line? I was about to place an order earlier this year, and I called because I had a few questions, next thing ya know, the guy was about to save me almost $200.... I was happy, but kind of upset that if I hadn't called, I wouldn't have gotten the discounts :lol:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
i have one on my acura and i don't use it now, once the novelty wore off, it was like WTF... We survived since the Model A without them :), i think it's a gimic the car dealers want to add more cost to cars with...

somdfunguy

not impressed
i have one on my acura and i don't use it now, once the novelty wore off, it was like WTF... We survived since the Model A without them :), i think it's a gimic the car dealers want to add more cost to cars with...

Came standard on my auto. I use it all the time.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
:

I seen one at a car show a few years ago, Chinese made of course. The mirror was a 7" super wide screen like 6:2.5 ratio. It was a split screen, one side was the reverse camera, the other side was a GPS screen.

Im not sure how resourceful your husband is, but they are very easy to install. At the same extent I am not sure how much, Trick Trucks, or D&G would charge to do it. Took me about 3 hours to run the wiring, mount the camera, and install the head unit. Used power from the trunk light, and this was on a PITA 06 Jetta.