The News Just Said

K

Kizzy

Good, I hope they lock up the domestic diva and throw away the key. :biggrin:

BuddyLee

Football addict
She was found guilty on all counts and each count could hold up to 5 years in prison and a 250,000 dollar fine!

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kain99
Poor Martha....:frown:
She is not poor, she is a convict because of greed.

Please don't say she broke the law becasue she was hurt or she was just trying to be loved.

K

Kizzy

Martha%20Stewart.jpg

K

Kizzy

I read that somewhere I thought. The way I understand it is that she lied to the FBI and lied to congressional congress. The folks involved in Enron and Tyco are going down, so why should people feel sorry for her? She went in and LIED and LIED over and over again. Now the sentencing could go several ways. They could bend her over and make an example out of her, send her to club fed or some light probation, who knows, but she did lie about the whole thing.

K

Kizzy

I see your point, really, I do. We live in a society where people like Bill Clinton get off with a slap on the wrist. I really don't think she will get a stiff sentence at all, but she is guilty of a crime, as petty as it may seem to you or to anyone else.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by CMC122
She'll go to a "Resort Prison". I'm glad they found her guilty though:clap:

She can still appeal this -- I say she wins (unfortunately) after a successful appeal:frown:

L

libragirl

Originally posted by PoliticalAnlyst
I feel sorry for her because I always liked her as a person. I find it amazing that some people wish her ill will and jail time just because they don't like her goodie-two-shoes personna. What does that say about people?

It all seems so foolish over such a relatively small amount of money. She was worth billions on paper. She used to be a stock broker, so she can't argue that she didn't know it was wrong.

I just hope the punishment fits the crime. She has already lost a personal fortune and been publicly humiliated. I think probation is more than appropriate. White collar criminals have been getting away with murder for years, not to mention the corrupt and unethical politicians who live above the law. Be nice to have equal justice for all.
the point is she BROKE the law and she needs to do the time for it just like any other normal person:dance:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Pete
She is not poor, she is a convict because of greed.

Please don't say she broke the law becasue she was hurt or she was just trying to be loved.
Fine! If ya wanna be like that, I won't then! :roflmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by PoliticalAnlyst

It all seems so foolish over such a relatively small amount of money. She was worth billions on paper. She used to be a stock broker, so she can't argue that she didn't know it was wrong.

On the bright side, she can use the money she "saved" by selling early to pay her legal fees.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by SmallTown
On the bright side, she can use the money she "saved" by selling early to pay her legal fees.

Are you kidding me...y'all are acting like she won't be able to afford attorney fees for an appeal.... you forget the ego's of attoreys... they'd be willing to represent her for free, it would be a feather in their cap either way, -- just for the notarity (sp?) and for their Firm to be in the press. She's got it made at this point.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by dems4me
Are you kidding me...y'all are acting like she won't be able to afford attorney fees for an appeal.... you forget the ego's of attoreys... they'd be willing to represent her for free, it would be a feather in their cap either way, -- just for the notarity (sp?) and for their Firm to be in the press. She's got it made at this point.

I totally agree, the attorney’s will represent her just for the press and the notoriety, since it is such a high profile case.