LP LoneStar or Damon's

I thought I read very recently somewhere, that either the Lone Star or Damon's in LP was going to open as a new restaurant/business. Can anyone verify?

Littlebit

I thought I read very recently somewhere, that either the Lone Star or Damon's in LP was going to open as a new restaurant/business. Can anyone verify?

The guy who had "Catamaran's" in Solomons which has since closed it's doors is to open a new restaurant in the Lone Star building sometime in 2012.
Hope it is better than Lone Star and Catamaran's, just saying. Of course that is just what we need another restaurant but he folks down that way don't have any place to go eat unless they travel north to all of the ones on 235 now.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
The guy who had "Catamaran's" in Solomons which has since closed it's doors is to open a new restaurant in the Lone Star building sometime in 2012.
Hope it is better than Lone Star and Catamaran's, just saying. Of course that is just what we need another restaurant but he folks down that way don't have any place to go eat unless they travel north to all of the ones on 235 now.

If the food sucked there, what makes anyone think it will taste better over here??? :coffee:

CrashTest

The folks down that way had Damon's and Lone Star and we see how that story ended.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whether it's Damon's or Lone Star, I won't be eating at either of them so it doesn't matter to me.

psc93

I ate at Lone Star at least once a month for the year before they closed and I never once had a problem with either the food or the service. I'm a bit surprised to hear any negative reviews of the place.

dan0623_2000

I ate at Lone Star at least once a month for the year before they closed and I never once had a problem with either the food or the service. I'm a bit surprised to hear any negative reviews of the place.

I have found that people who usually give good to very good ratings to resturants know the business and those who run them down have no idea what is takes to run one. I learned a long time ago I did not want to work in public services. The public can be some real idiots. I know I sure wouldn't want to be a waiter and wait on someone like myself!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I almost felt sorry for the roach that was drowning in my salad dressing.

I felt much worse for myself.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
The place went to crap in my opinion, we would meet after church a couple times a month but then it got to where it was even dumpier each time than the time before.......enough was enough

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I almost felt sorry for the roach that was drowning in my salad dressing.

I felt much worse for myself.

I have found that people who usually give good to very good ratings to resturants know the business and those who run them down have no idea what is takes to run one. I learned a long time ago I did not want to work in public services. The public can be some real idiots. I know I sure wouldn't want to be a waiter and wait on someone like myself!!!!
Apparently it takes keeping the roaches out of the salad dressing for a start, or in the case of IHOP keeping the roach races off of the walls.

psc93

Apparently it takes keeping the roaches out of the salad dressing for a start, or in the case of IHOP keeping the roach races off of the walls.

I've never seen any bugs any any of those places that were mentioned, but I did see one running up the wall in Cerro Grande in Lexington Park. I still eat there though.

Foxhound

Finishing last
I do admit I have no idea what it takes to RUN a restaurant. I did work at a Sizzler Steak House way back when and Worked as a cook, bussed tables, and washed dishes. I do know what it takes to work at a restaurant.

Lone Star, well I've always felt their food was mediocre at best. For steak its got to be Longhorn, or Outback, in that order.

IHOP, I quit going to the one in LP for many years for the same reasons others have posted. The service had gone downhill and the cleanliness just wasn't there. I gave them another chance about a year ago and things seemed to have gotten better. The one in PF has been a good experience so far.

Happy New Year everyone.:party:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've never seen any bugs any any of those places that were mentioned, but I did see one running up the wall in Cerro Grande in Lexington Park. I still eat there though.

:gross: