watching 60 minutes

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And I don't know if anyone else has made the connection but they talk about how easy it is to cheat or have someone take the SAT test for you and as he is explaining how easy it was to do the connection to voting fraud is uncanny. Who proctors the tests/voting? How hard is to take the test/vote for someone else? How many times can you take the year/vote? What kind of ID do you need? (the only difference being you need SOME kind of ID to take the SATs) The same people complaining about the lack of security at the SATs probably have no issue with how easy it is to place a fraudulent vote.

Last edited:

Freefaller

Anyone still watch this crap?

I stopped watching/believing anything CBS broadcasts ever since the fake documents they insisted were real in reference to President Bush and his National Guard service. This includes CBS news and 60 minutes. Why should anyone believe anything they say?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I don't think you can use a school ID at the voting booth.

I want to know where those students came up with the thousands of dollars it took to pay that kid. I wonder how many parents were in on it too.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I want to know where those students came up with the thousands of dollars it took to pay that kid. I wonder how many parents were in on it too.

The whole episode was disturbing. I didn't get the feeling the kid that got caught taking the tests- and being paid well to do so- was remorseful. More upset because he got caught.
My assumption is that theses kids that cheated to get into college will continue to cheat all the way through college to maintain an acceptable GPA so that they can someday go out into the real world and get high paying jobs including performing surgery, designing highrises, etc. Pretty sad. And scarey.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You don't need to use an ID at the voting booth, in fact Eric Holder has made sure most states CAN'T ask for an ID at the voting booth.

You walk in, tell the proctor (and who does the proctoring?) your name, and address and go vote.

No reason you can't vote 10 or 15 times under different names at different polling places.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The whole episode was disturbing. I didn't get the feeling the kid that got caught taking the tests- and being paid well to do so- was remorseful. More upset because he got caught.
My assumption is that theses kids that cheated to get into college will continue to cheat all the way through college to maintain an acceptable GPA so that they can someday go out into the real world and get high paying jobs including performing surgery, designing highrises, etc. Pretty sad. And scarey.

Because people that didn't cheat on their SATs won't cheat in college?

I figure if they cheated on the SATs to get into their college of choice, and are doing well at that college (ie didn't flunk out the first semester like a lot of students do) than the cheating isn't the issue, the test, or the test requirement is.

dave1959

You don't need to use an ID at the voting booth, in fact Eric Holder has made sure most states CAN'T ask for an ID at the voting booth.

You walk in, tell the proctor (and who does the proctoring?) your name, and address and go vote.

No reason you can't vote 10 or 15 times under different names at different polling places.

I have felt for many years that this absolutely insane....

bulldog

Very true. Hell, I even tried to show my I.D. and voter registration card the last time I voted and they would not even look at it.

glhs837

Power with Control

Yep, looks to be only about 17 states that require ID to vote. Some of those are still pending, apparently. and if you think that the same folks who spend millions registering anything with a pulse (and a lot of things that dont, I'm looking at you Mickey Mouse) wont load up busses with folks who are paid $10 a vote and shuttled to different polling places, I think you are mistaken.

vince77

reported instances of voter fraud are easy to find.....just look at the media to sensationalize those allegations...

truth is, they are very rare.....in federal elections, the penalty is s five years in prison and a $10,000 fine, in addition to any state penalties

another example of print and TV media misleading the public...