World's oldest living dog

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
A border collie said to be 27 could make it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's oldest living dog. Bramble's owner Anne Heritage says she's still alert and active and goes for a walk four times a day near her home in Bridgwater, Somerset.

The 43-year-old says she feeds her a vegan diet of rice, lentils and organic vegetables. Her partner Roy Franklin takes her swimming once a week at a canine hydrotherapy pool.

A Guinness spokesman says the dog could be the oldest living and they are keen to examine any application.

The Daily Mail reports Britain's oldest dog was a pedigree papillon called Fred who died at the of 29 in 2000. The world's longest-lived dog was an Australian cattle dog who lived to be just months older than Fred.

Ms Heritage says Bramble nearly died last year after injuring her back in a fall, but has become better with the help of the swimming sessions. She said: "She loves exercise and has a real passion for being outdoors. She can be a thorn in my side when she's restless, but it's what keeps her going."

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
OH MY GOD!!! If my Australian Cattle Dog lives to be 29, I'll go CRAZY!!! :biggrin: Thanks ALOT, Sharon! (BTW, do you want that shepherd mix puppy I have???)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I was thinking of you and the cattle dog. :wink: You should find a way to bottle the energy that dog has and sell it. :lol:

I would love to have another dog after seeing how everyone else's dogs get along.

OTOH --Mr. Bear would die of a jealous broken heart if I had another dog. He doesn't even want the kids around me. I guess he thinks I'm his b!tch! :lmao:

K

Kizzy

My inlaws had a cattle dog named Buffy live to be 19 years old.

I thought that was pretty long.