I HATE the Southern Maryland Advertiser!!

OldFart

:cds:They keep dumping that rag in my yard and driveway. I've called them several times and they promise to stop delivering but within a couple of months it's back. My neighbor is away for a few months and stopped his mail and newspaper delivery but yesterday I noticed no less than 4 SoMads on his driveway and front yard. Might as well post a sign "Nobody home, break in and take what you want!". I picked them up and trashed them.

Am I the only one EXTREMELY annoyed by this worthless litter?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
: My neighbor is away for a few months and stopped his mail and newspaper delivery but yesterday I noticed no less than 4 SoMads on his driveway and front yard. Might as well post a sign "Nobody home, break in and take what you want!". I picked them up and trashed them.?

Good on ya for doing that. I never thought of it before, but you are certainly dead right; can't put a more clear "taint nobody home" flag on a property than that.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I managed to catch the guy making the deliveries, took his picture and a pic of his license plate and told him I would file a littering complaint with the police if I ever saw another Advertiser in my yard.

Seemed to have worked

sockgirl77

Install a camera on your house that faces the driveway. Record him delivering the waste of paper. Then post it on here. Seems effective for other people on here. :yay:

dawn

WOW....these people that deliver the advertisers are doing their job.....yes....they are paid to deliver those papers. If you have a complaint call and ask for the distributor and make the complaint with them, they will be sure to talk to the person delivering.

Believe it or not, the distributor does periodically drive around to be sure the papers are delivered because there were several drivers that would trash the papers and get paid for delivering.

bcp

In My Opinion
go around and pick them back up then dump them at the front door of the business that prints and distributes them.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
WOW....these people that deliver the advertisers are doing their job.....yes....they are paid to deliver those papers. If you have a complaint call and ask for the distributor and make the complaint with them, they will be sure to talk to the person delivering.

Believe it or not, the distributor does periodically drive around to be sure the papers are delivered because there were several drivers that would trash the papers and get paid for delivering.

B U L L S H 1 T

I did that over a dozen times and at best I would be skipped for a few weeks and then they would start up again. It took a confrontation with the delivery man to finally get it stopped.

sm8

go around and pick them back up then dump them at the front door of the business that prints and distributes them.

Eh, my kids really enjoy the rubber bands that come on them so if the neighbors do not pick them up after a couple days they are fair game for the kids. We use them to light the charcoal chimney for the grill.

dawn

B U L L S H 1 T

I did that over a dozen times and at best I would be skipped for a few weeks and then they would start up again. It took a confrontation with the delivery man to finally get it stopped.

Well then...I can only speak on behalf of my friend that delivers....I guess she is more meticulous than the clown you have. If she is asked to stop, she stops! She gets a list of all houses she is to deliver to when she gets her stack of papers that is what she follows! Every complaint the driver gets counts against them. They do get "rewarded" if they have no complaints with the advertisers and the MD Independent.

Sorry you have a driver that doesnt listen!

Katelin

one day the dark will end
:cds:They keep dumping that rag in my yard and driveway. I've called them several times and they promise to stop delivering but within a couple of months it's back. My neighbor is away for a few months and stopped his mail and newspaper delivery but yesterday I noticed no less than 4 SoMads on his driveway and front yard. Might as well post a sign "Nobody home, break in and take what you want!". I picked them up and trashed them.

Am I the only one EXTREMELY annoyed by this worthless litter?

Get out the paint ball gun.....and have fun...but first post sign that litterers will be shot!!:killingme

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Well then...I can only speak on behalf of my friend that delivers....I guess she is more meticulous than the clown you have. If she is asked to stop, she stops! She gets a list of all houses she is to deliver to when she gets her stack of papers that is what she follows! Every complaint the driver gets counts against them. They do get "rewarded" if they have no complaints with the advertisers and the MD Independent.

Sorry you have a driver that doesnt listen!

After I read your 1st post, I thought either you or your friend deliver these. I just see it as a waste of paper. Often, there are 2-3 of them sitting at the ends of driveways in my neighborhood and if it rains, the paper turns to mush.

I think they would get read more often if they just placed them in stores.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
And I will admit... that this paper is a HUGE pet-peeve of mine. I have very few but this is my #1.

OldFart

Sorry, it's an unacceptable form of advertising (littering) and should be banned!

dawn

After I read your 1st post, I thought either you or your friend deliver these. I just see it as a waste of paper. Often, there are 2-3 of them sitting at the ends of driveways in my neighborhood and if it rains, the paper turns to mush.

I think they would get read more often if they just placed them in stores.

I agree and but they are paid to deliver them. The distributor does spot checks and the papers have got to be out there, if not they could be without a job. Obviously since the paper is not a subscription then it would be very easy for the delivery person to trash the paper, who would call and make a complaint that the paper wasnt received right..... so therefore they are monitored to be sure the paper is delivered. If a company pays to advertise in the paper, then they want to be sure the paper is delivered. I myself believe its not worth much, but again, they are doing their job and believe it or not, it is a big part of the paycheck for the drivers.

I am sorry that people find it littering, but its a job and the only source of income for some people.

OldFart

I am sorry that people find it littering, but its a job and the only source of income for some people.[/QUOTE]

It's still TOTALLY unacceptable and I would happily pay the delivery person NOT to dump on my property. As a matter of fact I'm planning to offer him/her a nice Christmas bonus providing I NEVER see another SoMad on my property the remainder of this year. Just one and the deal is off!!!!

The littering stopped for a while, but once again we are having our private property rights assaulted every Friday by SoMD News in the form of the Southern Maryland Advertiser.