Express checkout

How should the number of items be determined?

• Total number of items

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Number of items per person in the group including kids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Number of items minus the WIC items

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Number of people the person is shopping for

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thurley42

HY;FR
My only peeve with express is when I'm trying to wrap up my bags and someone starts to ring thier stuff up and it starts getting mixed up with mine. Wait a damn minute. I'm all about my actions not holding anyone else up, so I'm literally trying to get out as fast a possible.

glhs837

Power with Control
thurley, this inst about self checkout, but express, you know, 10 items or less, that sort of thing......

sm8

You should clarify the question though, I thought you were talking about the self check out and I have a feeling other people did too. If you are talking about the #of items or less isle than you should definitely have less than the number of items posted. Now I understand if you have that number and while you are in line grab a candy bar or a pack of gum. The self check out lanes are limitless. If someone wants to fight for an hour to try and ring up a whole cart load of stuff then that is their business. Personally I only go there if I have less than 5 items.

Food lion in charlotte hall though after certain hours only have the express lane open. I was the only person shopping in the store and the cashier tried refusing to ring me up so I had to get a manager.

DEEKAYPEE8569

When someone uses the express checkout should the item count be

If you are talking about the self-check-outs'; like the one's in BJ's; first of all; anything you scan should ring up the first time. If it does not; it should be free. Every time I have gone through their self check-out, something fails to scan. So, I wind up requiring "assistance" to get out of there.

IMO, so much for "self check-out."

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Express checkout meaning 12 items or less?

A year ago I was in Food Lion with a cart full of food and a gift card.

The gal at the express line waved me over.

People lined up behind me and the gift card didn't work.

I apologized to them all and they glared at me.

I've been a hermit ever since.

glhs837

Power with Control
When someone uses the express checkout should the item count be

Somewhere less than twice the number posted, and dont get items that offer a warranty, and for god sake dont write a freaking check!!!!!!!!At least the second lady who was blowing through the 10 items or less lane with +20 items and writing a check that of course wanst pre filled out with at least Wal-Mart, didnt get a warranty item, but did need two dollars in quarters:cds:

bcp

In My Opinion
Ain't that somethin'? Going through the "express lane" and writing a check?? That always made me want to ask, 'WHY did you get in the express lane to write a check?

I prefer getting out my little pocket change purse and digging for the penny for an hour while everyone waits.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I prefer getting out my little pocket change purse and digging for the penny for an hourwhile everyone waits.

When I worked at the car wash that used to be Liberty Car Wash, there was one guy who would come in once or twice a month and pay for his car wash with a bag of change. All the guys used to get a kick out of it.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Ain't that somethin'? Going through the "express lane" and writing a check?? That always made me want to ask, 'WHY did you get in the express lane to write a check?

The express lane only states the maximum number of items, not how you are going to pay for it. That said, I HATE getting behind people writing checks, the same as I hate getting behind people at toll booths who either don't have their money out or that require $98.75 in change! Cash, credit/debit cards and EZ pass is all I'm sayin'..... :whistle:

KDENISE977

Their should be an all together separate check out for those who write checks !! WHO WRITES CHECKS? Their is nothing express about handwriting out a friggin check !!! And the self scans, if you can't figure it out... go get in line and wait for a cashier, it's not that hard, look for the stupid bar code. end of rant.:buddies:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Their should be an all together separate check out for those who write checks !! WHO WRITES CHECKS? Their is nothing express about handwriting out a friggin check !!! And the self scans, if you can't figure it out... go get in line and wait for a cashier, it's not that hard, look for the stupid bar code. end of rant.:buddies:

CIP: Go to BJ's (the warehouse store) and use their self-check-out's.
You will be lucky if everything scans right the first time, without having to have someone there help you.

LadyDi

I went to LaPlata Walmart for a single item, tried to use self scan/check out/whatever... Seems all the "self" machines needed a human at the time. Then I had a large bill and was not sure if the machine took it or not. Person behind me was real peeved.

So, to answer the reply, I think the self check should be # of items minus check writers, WIC and people who hold the line up digging for anything ORRRRR, (always one) those who forgot something and need to LEAVE to go get it... Grrrrrrrr...