Founder of Arundel breaking-news site killed in ca

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I have used his FB page to check on traffic ...what a sad end for this man.
RIP :flowers:

Founder of Arundel breaking-news site killed in car accident

" A 32-year-old Anne Arundel County man who started a popular local breaking-news service was killed in a two-vehicle car crash in Pasadena early Saturday morning, police said.

Brian David McDevitt of Pasadena was pronounced dead at the scene. Two teenagers sustained minor injuries. John McAndrew, a police spokesman, said there is evidence that McDevitt was speeding at the time of the crash.

.....McDevitt founded a Facebook page last year called "Anne Arundel County Breaking News and Events," which had attracted legions of followers with updates on car crashes, traffic jams and links to community news. As of Saturday, nearly 29,000 users "liked" the page. "

Katelin

one day the dark will end
The one I read did.

So what difference does it make?

WBAL reported that alcohol was a POSSIBLE factor...

No proof, just that it was possible.

Police spokesman Lt. John McAndrew said there was evidence that McDevitt was speeding and under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash

McAndrew is not a pathologist..just a cop whoo gave his opinion.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Katelin said:
So what difference does it make?

Just sayin'....if he indeed was drunk it's pretty irresponsible of him to drive and not only end his life but risk others such as the two teenagers that thankfully survived...that's all....carry on.

bcp

In My Opinion
On January 6th on the AABN site, an ad for an oyster roast with Full Open Bar was advertised.
I questioned the posting of something that was advocating drinking and driving on a site that spent so much bandwith talking about the accidents that involved drunk drivers.
Naturally, I was rather quickly chastised for saying such things, and my "negative" posts were removed just as quickly by the admin of the page.

the ad Notice the date of the function. The 27th, until 1am on the 28th. Two hours later the accident occurred. Now, I cannot say that the guy was at this function, but it is rather odd to say the least as far as the time frame goes.

bullroast.jpg

bcp

In My Opinion
Yep... I wonder if that is higher than last year this time? Seems like it!

the number of accidents around my area is off the charts this year compared to previous years. Almost never heard of an accident around here, but lately, its been pretty steady.
No excess building, so no great increase in traffic, I have no idea what is going on.
I will say that the speeds around here have gone way up.

somdfunguy

not impressed
On January 6th on the AABN site, an ad for an oyster roast with Full Open Bar was advertised.
I questioned the posting of something that was advocating drinking and driving on a site that spent so much bandwith talking about the accidents that involved drunk drivers.
Naturally, I was rather quickly chastised for saying such things, and my "negative" posts were removed just as quickly by the admin of the page.

the ad Notice the date of the function. The 27th, until 1am on the 28th. Two hours later the accident occurred. Now, I cannot say that the guy was at this function, but it is rather odd to say the least as far as the time frame goes.

View attachment 84551

His friend didn't find him responsible either.

Hank

my war
Someone made a very good point on their FB page... Double standards come into play. They have no issue publishing photos of car accidents and such on their website but when it happens to one of their own, no photos plus edited police briefs... If my family member was in a serious or fatal accident I wouldn't want the crash scene photos plastered on a website....Thoughts?