Why isn't this considered bigoted racism?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Moonbats in Minnesota.

Any bets this mayor is not mayor again?

EDIT: Here's the link to the actual advertising campaign.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The billboard says, "It's hard to see racism when you're white."

What's wrong with that? They didn't call anyone racist, just said whites don't see racism, and that's mostly true.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
He's right.
We need to end institutional racism starting with affirmative action. Black people are the equals of white and we shouldn't have government programs that say they're not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So would is be racist if there was a billboard that said "Its hard not to commit crime when your black."?

Good lord. It doesn't say it's hard not to *be* a racist when you're white - it says it's hard to see racism.

Why is this a problem?

bcp

In My Opinion
Good lord. It doesn't say it's hard not to *be* a racist when you're white - it says it's hard to see racism.

Why is this a problem?

I think its hard to see it because racism is a learned institution. There are many organizations that depend on racism in order for them to prosper.

I would say that it is equally hard not to see racism when that is all you are taught.

Stop teaching it and 75% of it will be gone.
Instead of teaching that you might not get very far because the white man will keep you down, teach that by showing some personal responsibility in your life and doing your best to move ahead, no white man is powerful enough to keep you down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think its hard to see it because racism is a learned institution. There are many organizations that depend on racism in order for them to prosper.

I would say that it is equally hard not to see racism when that is all you are taught.

Instead of teaching that you might not get very far because the white man will keep you down, teach that by showing some personal responsibility in your life and doing your best to move ahead, no white man is powerful enough to keep you down.

Well, wait a minute. You make a good point, but let me fine tune it a bit.

Perhaps white people don't see racism because these days EVERYTHING is considered "racist"? Don't like the President's policies? You're a racist. Don't agree with the health care proposition? Racist. Illegals aliens getting you ticked off? That's because you're a racist.

So blacks being told that every ill in their life is because of racism is only part of the problem. And don't get me wrong - there absolutely is racism in this country. There's racism in every country that has humans in it. But when everything is considered racist, whites lose interest and go, "Yeah yeah :yawn: So what else is new?"

You're absolutely right that racism is an institution and there are any number of people who make a career of it. And that's the big problem right there.

But this ad campaign? Pfft. I'm not seeing why it's worth any fuss. It's the truth, even if not necessarily for the reasons they think.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

bcp said:

Why is this a problem?

Dude, YOU make some of the most racist posts I have ever seen. If it is taught, who taught you?

As for it disappearing if it stops being taught, there might be some truth to that. The problem is that for the majority of this country's history racist policy were insitutional. It's really only been then last forty years or so that a person of color could expect an equal chance. For the previous 200 years the white man did have the ability to keep the rest, including women, in a subservient position.

That having been said, I don't think the ad is racism in any way.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

Dude, YOU make some of the most racist posts I have ever seen. If it is taught, who taught you?

As for it disappearing if it stops being taught, there might be some truth to that. The problem is that for the majority of this country's history racist policy were insitutional. It's really only been then last forty years or so that a person of color could expect an equal chance. For the previous 200 years the white man did have the ability to keep the rest, including women, in a subservient position.

Bring the posts up. Lets see how racist I am.
The reality is that if there is a thread on someone getting killed at 7-11 during a robbery, and I say, Gee, do I even need to guess about the robber?
You will come back and get all fired up because I went to race.
You are so well taught to find racism around every corner that you will never stop to see that YOU are the one that took my statement, automatically pictured a black, then assumed that I was talking about blacks.
I do this all the time on here. Its just amazing how many racists just like yourself are ready to jump on someone and transfer your feelings to their words.

People like you are what is keeping racism alive in this country, not people like me.
Think about mr chip on the shoulder.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

bcp said:
Wirelessly posted

The reality is that if there is a thread on someone getting killed at 7-11 during a robbery, and I say, Gee, do I even need to guess about the robber?
You are so well taught to find racism around every corner that you will never stop to see that YOU are the one that took my statement, automatically pictured a black, then assumed that I was talking about blacks.
I do this all the time on here. Its just amazing how many racists just like yourself are ready to jump on someone and transfer your feelings to their words.

People like you are what is keeping racism alive in this country, not people like me.

Sometimes the person reading it may see racism that isn't there, but more often there is a racist or bigoted element to your posts when you get called out on it. But you are proving the point that the person who is racist rarely admits it even if they know it.
Pretending that racism is the fault of the subject of bigoted remarks is histerical. :yay:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Wirelessly posted
Sometimes the person reading it may see racism that isn't there, but more often there is a racist or bigoted element to your posts when you get called out on it. But you are proving the point that the person who is racist rarely admits it even if they know it.
Pretending that racism is the fault of the subject of bigoted remarks is histerical. :yay:

I, too, would like for you to find no more than five racist posts by bcp. Let's see if you can't do that for us. But no more posts until you accomplish that, OK?

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Lurk said:
Wirelessly posted

I, too, would like for you to find no more than five racist posts by bcp. Let's see if you can't do that for us. But no more posts until you accomplish that, OK?

Yeah, I don't take orders from you or anyone else. But you too are making the point of the ad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I, too, find that many times you highlight someone else's bigotry rather than your own. So your pearls aren't totally being cast before swine. :yay:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Well, wait a minute. You make a good point, but let me fine tune it a bit.

Perhaps white people don't see racism because these days EVERYTHING is considered "racist"? Don't like the President's policies? You're a racist. Don't agree with the health care proposition? Racist. Illegals aliens getting you ticked off? That's because you're a racist.

So blacks being told that every ill in their life is because of racism is only part of the problem. And don't get me wrong - there absolutely is racism in this country. There's racism in every country that has humans in it. But when everything is considered racist, whites lose interest and go, "Yeah yeah :yawn: So what else is new?"

You're absolutely right that racism is an institution and there are any number of people who make a career of it. And that's the big problem right there.

But this ad campaign? Pfft. I'm not seeing why it's worth any fuss. It's the truth, even if not necessarily for the reasons they think.

There's a difference between race baiting and racism. I don't think very many white people have ever seen true racism because we will likely never experience it in this country.

bcp

In My Opinion
There's a difference between race baiting and racism. I don't think very many white people have ever seen true racism because we will likely never experience it in this country.

We do experience it in this country, and on a daily basis.
The exact things that we are accused of doing, are being done to us. The advantage for some is that it is acceptable to call someone a racist if they happen to point this out.

Hank

my war

:killingme..... too funny!

bcp

In My Opinion
:killingme..... too funny!

and you are another one, so intent on proving you are not racist that you will go to any length to overlook fact to point out others racism.

White guilt is just as much a form of racism as any.

thatguy

and you are another one, so intent on proving you are not racist that you will go to any length to overlook fact to point out others racism.

how do you know he wasn't agreeing with you? he said nothing about you being a racist or even expressing white guilt. You see racism in everthing, where did you learn it :killingme

Hank

my war

Yeah, ok...whatever... I have nothing to prove. But, as much as it pains me to say it, Andy is correct. You have spewed your hate since the day I logged on the forums years ago... Granted you have chilled out a little since then, but you are still a racist homophobe...:yay: Have a great day!! :howdy: