Taxation upon Taxation

smilin

BOXER NATION
Flush tax has been around for years. Now it will be doubled - at least. Plus an increase in:
Gas tax, vehicle registration, cigarettes, alcohol.
Plus an increase in what I call sleeper taxes that consumers never see until passed on by service providers:
License fees have gone up across the board.
Pension plans will now be funded by the counties....
State is pushing to make internet sales taxable.

Repeat after me:
Maryland's slogan is: "The Free State"

:yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
Yep, I get to pay more for flushing my toilet into my own septic system. :doh:

Dont worry, Im sure that when you need work on the drain field, the state will step in and pay for the work.
Might have to actually sue them for it, but I do see that being possible since the money is supposed to be for upgrades to the current system/s

At any rate, Should I have to pay out that 15k to replace equipment again, I think I will try to find a lawyer to sue the state for repairs, since Im being billed in advance for them.

Pushrod

Patriot
Flush tax has been around for years. Now it will be doubled - at least. Plus an increase in:
Plus an increase in what I call sleeper taxes that consumers never see until passed on by service providers:

Repeat after me:

That is already the law.

Pete

Repete
Dont worry, Im sure that when you need work on the drain field, the state will step in and pay for the work.

Actually they do. There is some fund that will provide assistance for homeowners who have septic systems that fail. I know someone who's septic failed, the replacement was a $30K mound and the State of Maryland kicked in about half.

Chris0nllyn

Actually they do. There is some fund that will provide assistance for homeowners who have septic systems that fail. I know someone who's septic failed, the replacement was a $30K mound and the State of Maryland kicked in about half.

I had this done.

It's for people who are in the critical area (1,000ft. from water), and they came in, tore out the old system, put in the new system, did the start up, and maintenance for 5 years. I didn't pay a dime.

The only thing is, they need to run power and telephone out to your control panel for the system.

Vince

Dont worry, Im sure that when you need work on the drain field, the state will step in and pay for the work. Might have to actually sue them for it, but I do see that being possible since the money is supposed to be for upgrades to the current system/s

At any rate, Should I have to pay out that 15k to replace equipment again, I think I will try to find a lawyer to sue the state for repairs, since Im being billed in advance for them.
Nah, they'll just put me on public sewage when it's available and charge me for the hookup.

bcp

In My Opinion
Nah, they'll just put me on public sewage when it's available and charge me for the hookup.

I live in fear of that day, you have to pay for the frontage when they install the drains and such in front of your propert, then you have to pay for the run from the road to the house, and you have to pay to have the well capped and drainfield removed.
I have 900ft of frontage and sit back 180ft from the road..
I would have to sell at a big loss if this ever happened to me.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The only thing is, they need to run power and telephone out to your control panel for the system.

To allow O'Malley to know every time you flush your toilet. Kaching! once the total equals some certain limit, they'll turn off your system. IMHO, that is.

bcp

In My Opinion
To allow O'Malley to know every time you flush your toilet. Kaching! once the total equals some certain limit, they'll turn off your system. IMHO, that is.

You will need to apply for a variance anytime you get the runs.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Repeat after me:

Haven't ANY of these people in charge played Roller Coaster Tycoon??

It's like basic economics in a game.

You NEVER increase prices/ taxes to increase revenue.. NEVER!

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeag, but would that game allow you to give free admission to most of the players, while taking the money to pay for it from the minority? Bet if it did, these guys would be winners.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Forgot about others that are in the works.
Thanks to our buddies at the local Board of Realtors:

"the proposed MD annual budget would reduce the mortgage interest deduction and the deductibility of state and local property taxes for many Maryland homeowners!"

:popcorn: