97.7 The Rocket

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ripley posted status updates pretty regularly today

From Ripley's current Facebook status:
We are back ON THE AIR, we were off the air for a short period of time today for some much needed maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Now, let's ROCK! Tune your radio to 977 The Rocket, or use the link below to listen online:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Ripley posted status updates pretty regularly today

From Ripley's current Facebook status:
We are back ON THE AIR, we were off the air for a short period of time today for some much needed maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Now, let's ROCK! Tune your radio to 977 The Rocket, or use the link below to listen online:

You would think they would take the signal down in the over night hours when people are less likely to be listening to the radio

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You would think they would take the signal down in the over night hours when people are less likely to be listening to the radio

:shrug: Maybe it involved tower work or work by union employees and could only be done during the day. It's not like the dj is a maintenance worker.

BernieP

Resident PIA
:shrug: Maybe it involved tower work or work by union employees and could only be done during the day. It's not like the dj is a maintenance worker.

actually to broadcast, to work in the booth, you had to get an FCC radio operators license which meant you had to pass some tests. You had to have a better than basic understanding of how radios worked.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
actually to broadcast, to work in the booth, you had to get an FCC radio operators license which meant you had to pass some tests. You had to have a better than basic understanding of how radios worked.

Thanks for being intentionally obtuse. :yay:

Again, I doubt the dj in question was the one was hired to perform the actual maintenance repairs, because then his status updates might have read - sorry dropped a wrench.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Thanks for being intentionally obtuse. :yay:

Again, I doubt the dj in question was the one was hired to perform the actual maintenance repairs, because then his status updates might have read - sorry dropped a wrench.

sorry, your post brought back memories of working at the local FM station and trying to get my FCC licenses.

I have no idea, actually I thought most of the day there was no DJ at those stations, only during certain times.

But to the original post, yes, if they had to work on the tower daylight (and good weater) would probably be a good thing to have.
Unions? :killingme

Pete

Repete

Really, since when? The FCC Class 1 radio operators license used to be a form you fill out and send in $50. No test required.

glhs837

Power with Control
Been painting the old house listening to the Rocket, pretty good stuff, keeps me working and singing. :buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Weird. It was off three different times today. First a zero'dark'thirty heading to work, then at lunch when I went out to forage for food and again on my way home.

Of course, it came back on not long after I posted this. :lol:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Weird. It was off three different times today. First a zero'dark'thirty heading to work, then at lunch when I went out to forage for food and again on my way home.

Of course, it came back on not long after I posted this. :lol:

Maybe you turned it on when the power was taking a break; you seen the commercial when it was hard to teach the chubby one to say "row, row, row"... such a simple word