FIOS coming down rt.5

quattroginger

so i see Verizon is finally bringing Fios down rt.5. saw them last week in front of bryantown store. anyone know when this is going to go hot?

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
so i see Verizon is finally bringing Fios down rt.5. saw them last week in front of bryantown store. anyone know when this is going to go hot?

Its for a greenfield location in Hughesville. To my knowledge video isn't planned just data and voice.

psc93

I'm actually more interested in LTE than FIOS, but more choices for internet access are always welcome.

BernieP

Resident PIA

I know several people who have checked with Verizon on FiOS availability in St. Mary's Co. and the response has always been that it's not currently on their roadmap. If it does get to Hughesville or Southern Charles Co., maybe, just maybe some areas in Northern St. Mary's will get FiOS.

I wouldn't hold my breath waitng.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
I know several people who have checked with Verizon on FiOS availability in St. Mary's Co. and the response has always been that it's not currently on their roadmap. If it does get to Hughesville or Southern Charles Co., maybe, just maybe some areas in Northern St. Mary's will get FiOS.

The only thing I have seen for St. Mary's in Lexington Park for this year. I think it's safe to say that nothing will be in place for Northern St.Marys this year and probably not in the near future.

Even Hughesville is gonna be limited.

That is just stupid. We are the main tech place in at least half the state. I can't believe they don't get that.

BOHDEN

I don't understand why they have put it on some of these side roads in the county such as Penns Hill Rd, in Dentsville, and then Poor House Rd in Port Tobacco, and they can't even finish on the Primary Roads, such as Rt. 6, 301 and of course Budds Creek rd (234) doesn't make sense they are jumping all over the place.

dave1959

Its for a greenfield location in Hughesville. To my knowledge video isn't planned just data and voice.

If we are talking about the orange conduit being laid in the median, I doubt it for either one... It comes all the way from 301/5 in waldorf to charlotte hall at this point. I've been wondering what it was for, You usually don't see them lay cable in the median.

quattroginger

Well it's deff Verizon fiber. I live off Herbert road and they have road all makred up. Hate Comcast Internet and directv sucks during storms. Would like to change if it does get offered.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think that they should use stimulous money to run it right down 5 to St Marys College. with such blazing internet speeds, the little ones wont ever leave the dorms, and that will save us a bundle on "roadside plant clusters with split rail sawtooth fences" and other things that wont do a damn thing to calm traffic:)

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Well it's deff Verizon fiber. I live off Herbert road and they have road all makred up. Hate Comcast Internet and directv sucks during storms. Would like to change if it does get offered.
Are you sure? I saw an AT&T truck hanging around there Sunday and a guy placing AT&T's orange & white cable marker posts in the ground...

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We have fibre in the ground all over down here (Ridge/Dameron) it was run all over the Southern Tier last year...

ALL for the Navy. Not a single household, company or person is connected to it, just the NAVY.. You would have thought that if they were going to get paid to run it for ONE company they would have saved 100's of thousands of dollars and piggybacked Fios or other fibre services on the back of it..