13 yr old Lusby girl, dies on Valentine's day.

Password

Didn't see this posted. Sad story all around.

School Community Mourning Death of Student | Southern Maryland News Net

Grief counselors were on hand Wednesday, Feb. 15 at Mill Creek Middle School in Lusby following the death of a female student in the seventh grade.

The student died Feb. 14 at her home in Lusby.

According to Calvert County Public School (CCPS) Spokesperson Gail Bennett, a letter was being sent home to parents about how the school was saddened to learn about the death and how to talk to children about the grieving process. School officials are not commenting on the cause of death at this time.

Bennett noted that grief counselors would be on hand again Thursday.

Last edited:

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Just to clarify, Suicide is the rumor that is going around at the school. I do know, the girl had a lot of medical issues. There is no confirmation that it was suicide. For all we know, the death could of been from complications of one of her medical issues. Please don't assume from hear say.

Just to clarify, Suicide is the rumor that is going around at the school. I do know, the girl had a lot of medical issues. There is no confirmation that it was suicide. For all we know, the death could of been from complications of one of her medical issues. Please don't assume from hear say.
:yeahthat: And there is also no confirmation that anything had to do with bullying at all... I just read all the comments and it looks like an immediate assumption of suicide due to bullying was made and the rest ran with it as if it were fact.

keepsmiling

"""

We'll just wait to see how many more, if anymore kids follow.....then just maybe the adults might decide to do something.

Last edited:

LuckyMe143

What ever the reason why she died my heart goes out to the family. Shame on the grown ups for running their mouths about something they know nothing about. May she rest in PEACE!

Serenity40

As a parent I sympathize with the parents. No matter the cause or the reasons a child has passed and that is a sad occasion.

Hank

my war
just saying that if u go threw gr8 lenghts 2 B different people r going to treat u like u r diffrent. obviously its a shame if she did suicide. people shouldn't have teased her. however parents should'nt let 13yos dye hair in funky colors or claim 2 b bi either IN MY OPINION

You are an azzwipe! Go to Hell...

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Whatever the cause, the fact remains that a mother and a father have to bury their 13 year old daughter, that they created, loved, laughed and grew up with. They had hope, dreams and plans for her and her future.
Now all of that is gone, and for whatever the reason of her death, the parents will blame themselves...forever.

Prayers for the Mom and Dad, and for the family and all her friends.

No parent should ever have to bury their children.

Peace and understanding at this horrible time, may the PUBLIC be as tolerant and forgiving as they would want in their time of grief.

RPMDAD

Whatever the cause, the fact remains that a mother and a father have to bury their 13 year old daughter, that they created, loved, laughed and grew up with. They had hope, dreams and plans for her and her future.
Now all of that is gone, and for whatever the reason of her death, the parents will blame themselves...forever.

Prayers for the Mom and Dad, and for the family and all her friends.

No parent should ever have to bury their children.

Peace and understanding at this horrible time, may the PUBLIC be as tolerant and forgiving as they would want in their time of grief.

:yeahthat:
I agree 100% Katelin, very very sad whatever the reason.

bcp

In My Opinion
dont know if was caused by bullying or not.
but sometimes, the bullying or teasing can be hidden by the one being teased. Parents dont even know its going on, until it is at a point that medical intervention is required.
Maybe she was getting teased because she was heavy, 8 years of that could certainly cause a child to try to do foolish things to lose weight, and those things can lead to death if not caught and treated.
The BI mention? yes, due to the teaching in the schools many kids run around claiming to be bi, however from what I see it is not a picked on situation like it was 20 or so years ago in school. As a matter of fact, I know a few high school girls that pretend to be bi just to keep the boys from bothering them.

the hair? its an expression of ones self, I would much rather see my daughter walk out with some odd colored hair while dressed respectfully than I would to see her walk out with normal looking hair dressed like the school whore. (and there are plenty of those at South River)

Besides, the odd colors in the hair are not something that kids joke each other about now.

If it was from being picked on, it was most likely weight.