Storm?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Funny, watching my local weather here and they actually mentioned a big snow storm that is supposed to hit the mid Atlantic this weekend. Are they serious?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Funny, watching my local weather here and they actually mentioned a big snow storm that is supposed to hit the mid Atlantic this weekend. Are they serious?

Oh yeah funny huh. I bet you are laughing all the way to the beach !

:buddies:

bcp

In My Opinion
It all depends on whos forcast you watch.
basing this on a number of different models, I predict that we will get mostly rain, heavy at times, maybe some winter mix during the night.

this is all based on a cold front that is heading this way from the north, but a warm front is moving in from the south that should keep our area mild.

some are saying that the warm front is not going to make it here, in this case we get a bit of snow,, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but if the warm front moves in (as I suspect) we get rain with a winter mix that is not going to be any problem.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Oh yeah funny huh. I bet you are laughing all the way to the beach !

:buddies:

You're funny, wish I could get to the beach. School is keeping me too busy for the beach. 80 degrees here today. Tomorrow through the weekend rain, yuck! But, our rain will probably bring your snow.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Check out this picture. This guy is serious about his job.

Attachments

• Tornado.jpg
    Tornado.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 166

bcp

In My Opinion

according to my secret sources (that you can also find with a google search) they are saying that north and west of DC could get 1 to 4 inches.. could.
I am in that area, southern Maryland (as in real southern Maryland) is not in that zone. So I would expect less than the 1 to 4 down yonder.

Just my guess.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
It all depends on whos forcast you watch.
basing this on a number of different models, I predict that we will get mostly rain, heavy at times, maybe some winter mix during the night.

this is all based on a cold front that is heading this way from the north, but a warm front is moving in from the south that should keep our area mild.

some are saying that the warm front is not going to make it here, in this case we get a bit of snow,, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but if the warm front moves in (as I suspect) we get rain with a winter mix that is not going to be any problem.

This is what I found on the NWS site for 20622 -

Saturday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday: Rain and snow. High near 39. Northeast wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Washington's Birthday: Sunny, with a high near 38.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27.

At this point I am thinking that this is not going to be bad at all for us in Southern MD.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Most here have it nailed down. Snow to the north and west of DC, rain/mix to the south and east of DC. If there is any accumulation, it won't even be enough to bring out the snow shovels.

Most here have it nailed down. Snow to the north and west of DC, rain/mix to the south and east of DC. If there is any accumulation, it won't even be enough to bring out the snow shovels.

Well, hang on a minute...... Baja hasn't chimed in with his weather machine predictions yet...could be a game changer.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

February has always been tricky though, think most of the big storms we've seen up there have been Feb/March. My last big snow there was March 2009, that was not fun.

red_explorer

ahhaaa

This is what I found on the NWS site for 20622 -

Saturday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday: Rain and snow. High near 39. Northeast wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Washington's Birthday: Sunny, with a high near 38.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27.

At this point I am thinking that this is not going to be bad at all for us in Southern MD.

Remember one inch of rain equals between 10 and 12 inches of snow, depending on the cold. Our snows tend to be heavier.... Water expands when frozen.

We're gonna get slammed. How do I know? I am camping Saturday thru Monday. Scouts are working on Wilderness Survival merit badge, which includes building a shelter in the woods and sleeping in it. I don't think I will be sleeping Saturday night.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
We'll only get rain. I have my tractors ready waiting for the snow. I love to play in the snow, my GSD loves to play in the snow...we won't get any SMOW. :(