Loveville Rd

CrashTest

Heading south on 235 and you take a right on Loveville Rd. There's an abandoned bldg on the right with a softball field in the back. Out-of-business softball watering hole?

tastycake

Heading south on 235 and you take a right on Loveville Rd. There's an abandoned bldg on the right with a softball field in the back. Out-of-business softball watering hole?

It was a bar I think called "Fenwick's Tavern." Years ago, and I'm talking probably 30, I ran with the Mechanicsville Rescue Squad and we got called there because someone pulled up in the parking lot and fired a shotgun into a crowd. It was a rather rough crowd too. Maybe good that it's abandoned now!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

They may open in the spring when, well......softball starts up again

mitzi

The bar has been closed for years (8 or 9). The house next to it has been boarded up for over 10. They still have softball there on Sundays. Big get together. I'm pretty sure the bar was shut down because someone behind the bar was dealing. I can't remember the whole story.

CrashTest

They may open in the spring when, well......softball starts up again

If I owned a business and closed during the winter, I would at least leave the signs up so people could see my business so when I open in the spring, well....they might come back and buy stuff.

homedepot20

It was a bar I think called "Fenwick's Tavern." Years ago, and I'm talking probably 30, I ran with the Mechanicsville Rescue Squad and we got called there because someone pulled up in the parking lot and fired a shotgun into a crowd. It was a rather rough crowd too. Maybe good that it's abandoned now!

I went there alot ! Brings back memories of Saturday nights.

mitzi

If I owned a business and closed during the winter, I would at least leave the signs up so people could see my business so when I open in the spring, well....they might come back and buy stuff.

This place will not reopen in the spring. I doubt it will ever reopen.

tipsymcgee

I thought the sunday league games got moved to Knight Life (Jolly Gents) on Rte 235. There is no business inside the building any more. Hasn't been for a few years now. Too many problems and issues with parking on the shoulders of the road on Sundays. Last guy that owned it/operated it didn't last six months or so before there was trouble with the liquor board.

BOP

Stop. You're in southern Maryland. You're asking for more common sense than exists in 3 counties.

mitzi

I thought the sunday league games got moved to Knight Life (Jolly Gents) on Rte 235. There is no business inside the building any more. Hasn't been for a few years now. Too many problems and issues with parking on the shoulders of the road on Sundays. Last guy that owned it/operated it didn't last six months or so before there was trouble with the liquor board.

They could have moved the games to Knight Life. I'm not sure, I don't go by there all the time anymore like I used to. Just saying the games were still going on way after the place was closed. This has all been 8 or 9 years ago.

sockgirl77

Ran into an old friend of yours. He said that they still play games at that field. I was shocked. I had no clue that the field was still open.

CrashTest

They could have moved the games to Knight Life. I'm not sure, I don't go by there all the time anymore like I used to. Just saying the games were still going on way after the place was closed. This has all been 8 or 9 years ago.

Softball in SoMd with no bar right next door?