Liquid salt on road already! OMG

TPD

the poor dad
Just got home - roads have already been treated! What's going to happen to this stuff when it rains first? Is this a wise use for MY tax money?

CrashTest

Probably costs more if the crews have to work at night, even if spraying too early is ineffective.

Government logic - save money no matter how much it costs.

Did they close the schools yet? :popcorn:

Last week when they salted I expected liquid salt on my road like usual. They put down the old standby, rock salt.

WheezyCarl

HURRY!! Run out and purchase ALL of the milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper. French Toast doesn't make itself you know:cds:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Just got home - roads have already been treated! What's going to happen to this stuff when it rains first? Is this a wise use for MY tax money?

Does this stuff smell? As there was a really bad smell in Calvert from about Prince Frederick to Solomons...most thought it was some kind of pretreatment stuff...?????

RPMDAD

Saw the same thing all around Huntingtown today, agree with TPD, not sure at all what good this is going to do if this starts off as a rain event ( weather man's type word) and washes it all awy before the snow starts.

Katelin

It's salt. Rock salt in water.

Someone started a new thread about seeing a garbage truck coming over the bridge with liquid dripping out of it and the smell was horrid.
So perhaps this was the source of the odor.

Thanks GW!!! :howdy:

CrashTest

Does this stuff smell? As there was a really bad smell in Calvert from about Prince Frederick to Solomons...most thought it was some kind of pretreatment stuff...?????

Nope. Truck was dripping HUGE amounts of "garbage juice" last night on Rt4. My garage still smells like a garbage truck because I had to drive thru it wet.

Katelin

Nope. Truck was dripping HUGE amounts of "garbage juice" last night on Rt4. My garage still smells like a garbage truck because I had to drive thru it wet.

Sorry...HUGE amounts...
Yea.. a group of us were standing outside after a meeting at a local church and wow..did it ever stink!!!!
We all thought it was the land fill until someone said it smelled from Pr. Fred to Solomons!!!!
Sorry you had to drive thru it CT.