Darndest thing....

I got one of those cheapo solar lights to see if it would add extra light for my night security cameras (it doesn't, cameras are infra-red, 'white' LEDs don't have any inrfa-red).

Anyway, just came home, saw the light sitting on the ground. The stake was missing, nowhere to be found. Someone pulled the light out of the ground, removed the stake from the light, dropped the light and took off with the stake.

:confused: I'm assuming it was a person, don't think a critter would have been able to do that, or would have just dragged the whole light off.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
I got one of those cheapo solar lights to see if it would add extra light for my night security cameras (it doesn't, cameras are infra-red, 'white' LEDs don't have any inrfa-red).

Anyway, just came home, saw the light sitting on the ground. The stake was missing, nowhere to be found. Someone pulled the light out of the ground, removed the stake from the light, dropped the light and took off with the stake.

:confused: I'm assuming it was a person, don't think a critter would have been able to do that, or would have just dragged the whole light off.
Was it a wooden stake? :lol:

Well my plastic stakes always seem to break. Not get taken though. I put a piece of angle aluminum in to reinforce, I might have some of those crummy solars still out there with stakes. I will look tomorrow. I am getting rid of all of them.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Somewhere there was a light with no stake. Now it is once again whole. I see a matchmaker in the making here. Karma will repay you for your kindness.

Or depending on where you live, another weapon has hit the streets ...perhaps its simply a case of the need to vandalize. :(

I like my first thought best.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sorry GW. I lost control of my ole flathead again. I think I destroyed some geraniums too.

Justme2

Didn't your camera tell you who stole the stake????:whistle::whistle:

PsyOps

Pixelated

You didn't pay your MD stake tax.

sm8

Do you think a "motion sensored flood light" might work? Our old neighbors had one though and everytime the wind would blow it would come on and they had it pointed right at our window. That got old after a while but when it was originally installed (before they moved in) it was pointed down their driveway and it seemed to work pretty good.

corollinout

Wirelessly posted

I bought 8 of those solar lights to line my side walk. Shortly after buying them some one stole just one of them.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I hope no one robs me. Should I put a motion sensor up?

Attachments

• recycled-condoms.jpg
    recycled-condoms.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 94

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

What brand is it? My g/f recycled a bunch of Malibu lights into my yard after she wanted "prettier lights" for her walkways. I have a few stakes that you could have if you think that they would work for you. The lights broke and will not stay on top of the stakes.

Lilypad

Squirrel...:jameo: