Mrs K's Restaurant (Hotel too)

LadyDi

Mrs K's Restaurant (Motel too)

Just thought I'd share another eating establishment. It's by the railroad tracks in Upper Marlboro on 301 north just after the Penn Ave exits. They give you HUGE amounts of food for the price. I've eaten in once but I like carryout better. Breakfast served all day long.

Last edited:

SandieGarry

Went there when they first opened. it was as you describe, maybe better. Unfortunately, I don't go that way much any longer. Good to know they are still doing a bang up job. I'll have to stop when I'm up that way again. Great home style cookin'.

LadyDi

I've not had a bad experience food wise yet. Their portions are enormous. Enjoy Crazyolgooseman if and when you do go.

BTW - I meant to add that they have redesigned it and have new management as of about 3/4 years I think. Don't quote me.

Last edited:

LadyDi

HAH, it was just in case someone who's lived in the area longer than me knew the exact info. I left in '81 and never looked back until '08.

mdff21

Just thought I'd share another eating establishment. It's by the railroad tracks in Upper Marlboro on 301 north just after the Penn Ave exits. They give you HUGE amounts of food for the price. I've eaten in once but I like carryout better. Breakfast served all day long.

I can't remember seeing any restaurant on 301 north around the Rt 4 (Pa Ave) interchange. Is it in the shopping center where Giant is?

LadyDi

I can't remember seeing any restaurant on 301 north around the Rt 4 (Pa Ave) interchange. Is it in the shopping center where Giant is?

Ok, let me see if I can type it right this time.

If you are at the Giant coming south and Giant is on your left side after passing Route 4 (Penn Ave), keep going down the road abit. It's just after the mini bend. It's a hotel with a restaurant attached. If you get to the railroad tracks, you've just passed it.

And in reverse, if you get to Giant (on your right going) North, you've passed it. Now can you see it. Motel has been there for over 30 years.

I edit my post as I called it a 'hotel' earlier

Last edited:

LadyDi

Brunch is $30? :faint:

I've not eaten there for brunch but the food is tasty, is plentiful and filling. You can always go cheaper and do as good, I think. They have turkey products for people who do not eat beef. They just made a pretty colorful menu. Will try to upload it soon.

LadyDi

Sorry Wenchy, here's the menu to the Upper Marlboro location

Attachments

• img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 86
  • img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 89
  • img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 115
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 88

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You looked up Mrs K's Toll House in SS. That place is neat and has a lot of really nice looking artifacts (especially at Christmas) but is waaayyyy too expensive for my tastes. We went there a few times back in the 90's (and it was really good) but their prices went up and their portions went down so no more for me...

The Mrs K's in Upper Marlboro is on the southbound side of 301 just before the RR tracks and about a half a mile past the route 4 overpass...

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Sorry Wenchy, here's the menu to the Upper Marlboro location

Really? Ox tails, chitterlings and gyros, hog maws and pig feet. Oh, and the liver and onions.

It sounds like a place I want to try. No sarcasm here.

Maybe I can get Mig on a roadtrip for some southern cooking.

Last edited: