Body pulled out of the water?

My mom just said she heard on the Charles Co channel that they had 'just pulled the body out of the water'. She had just turned it on so she didn't hear any other details.

Anyone know where this was?

Littlebit

Police discovered the body of a Mechanicsville man in a vehicle that was submerged in the Patuxent River near the boat ramp at Cape St. Mary's Marina in Mechanicsville. The victim was identified as William M. Joy, age 65.

On Sunday around 3:38 p.m., police joined the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department at the Marina in response to the vehicle in the water. Calvert County Company 12 Rescue/Dive Team was called to assist with an underwater search and discovered a man, later identified as Mr. Joy, inside the vehicle unresponsive.

Mr. Joy was extricated from the vehicle, CPR was initiated, and he was transported to St. Mary's Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. Mr. Joy's body was subsequently transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore where an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death.

Police discovered the body of a Mechanicsville man in a vehicle that was submerged in the Patuxent River near the boat ramp at Cape St. Mary's Marina in Mechanicsville. The victim was identified as William M. Joy, age 65.

On Sunday around 3:38 p.m., police joined the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department at the Marina in response to the vehicle in the water. Calvert County Company 12 Rescue/Dive Team was called to assist with an underwater search and discovered a man, later identified as Mr. Joy, inside the vehicle unresponsive.

Mr. Joy was extricated from the vehicle, CPR was initiated, and he was transported to St. Mary's Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. Mr. Joy's body was subsequently transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore where an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death.

But this was about an hour ago, not Sunday.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
The 301bridge was closed due to the recovery of a body... may have been a jumper from a little while ago

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jumping off a bridge. I don't get that. It's not exactly a quick painless way to kill yourself.

garyt27

INAFJ
They don't like to advertise it. Copycatters
Once a woman drove her car into the river from that little park on the Va. side, However its shallow out to 150yds. car did survive, before she drove it into the drink, she took a drink of antifreeze, but it was the new nontoxic stuff. Dumb ass just cost taxpayers money and didn't even get the job done.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
My mom just said she heard on the Charles Co channel that they had 'just pulled the body out of the water'. She had just turned it on so she didn't hear any other details.

Anyone know where this was?

I couldn't find anything. Has anyone found out what did happen? :coffee: