Cats purr to their own music

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
VIENNA (Reuters) - Is your cat bouncing off the walls, in need of serious relaxation? Then tune in to a little music designed to soothe the fussing feline.

Animal behaviourist Hermann Bubna-Littitz, professor at the Veterinary University of Vienna, said the music was designed to lull cats into a pleasant, relaxed state.

"We were able to prove with guaranteed statistics that our house cats sought out the proximity of the loudspeakers when we played this music...and the tendency towards aggressive behaviour declined," he said in a statement on Thursday.

"Music for Cats and Friends" features electronically-composed numbers such as "Moonlight Walk", "Endless Time" and "Coming Home". The two compact discs retail at 19.50 euros (12.40 pounds) each.

The producers at www.petsandmusic.com are not planning a cover version for dogs.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was thinking about getting it to see if it would calm my two cats down so the house isn't destroyed when I get home. They are only about 11 months old so they are still very rambunctious at times.