Fire tone outs

mdff21

listen to your scanner. when a call is dispatched, listen to the company numbers being dispatched when the tones are dropped they are in the order of the dispatched companies. i.e. if companies 1, 5, 6 and 2 are dispatched the tones go out in that order.

twenty711

listen to your scanner. when a call is dispatched, listen to the company numbers being dispatched when the tones are dropped they are in the order of the dispatched companies. i.e. if companies 1, 5, 6 and 2 are dispatched the tones go out in that order.

Thanks - been trying to do that but hadn't heard the tones yet, I didn't know they always send them out in order.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Thanks - been trying to do that but hadn't heard the tones yet, I didn't know they always send them out in order.

They send them out in area of location to the actual box. So, if Solomons got a call in the 3-10 box (somewhere in the Ranch Estates), the tones would be Solomons first (since it's their first due area), St. Leonard second (since they're the second closest), followed by a St. Mary's tone which, depending on the call and resources needed, could alert Bay District 9, Hollywood and Bay District 3.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Retrodeb54 - The only thing I see on that page is the frequency, not the station tones. If you can see the tones please post the link because I could not find it.

Thanks

I'm sorry. I just glanced and thought what you needed was there. Admittedly I have no knowledge of the subject, someone led me there. All I saw was the grid with this...

Frequency... License... Type ... Tone... Alpha Tag... Description
Hope you find what you are looking for.

:coffee:

twenty711

They send them out in area of location to the actual box. So, if Solomons got a call in the 3-10 box (somewhere in the Ranch Estates), the tones would be Solomons first (since it's their first due area), St. Leonard second (since they're the second closest), followed by a St. Mary's tone which, depending on the call and resources needed, could alert Bay District 9, Hollywood and Bay District 3.

I am really just looking for the tones for North beach, do you happen to have them in your scanner?

I am really just looking for the tones for North beach, do you happen to have them in your scanner?

Does your scanner have an alerting feature where you put in the 2 alert tones (frequencies) for North Beach and the scanner will alert like a pager?