Winslow Pump and Well Experiences

ylexot

Super Genius
When our house was built, Winslow Pump and Well put in the well. We're having an issue with the pressure tank now and before we go to Winslow, we were wondering if anyone had any positive/negative experiences with them.

fromchaptico

When our house was built, Winslow Pump and Well put in the well. We're having an issue with the pressure tank now and before we go to Winslow, we were wondering if anyone had any positive/negative experiences with them.

I lost water pressure in my house on the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend last year. Winslow showed up within an hour to check things out for me. I had a pressure tank issue too. The first time they came, they patched it together and said it would need to be replaced soon. By July, it broke for real, and Winslow came out and replaced the tank. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They were honest, they were nice, they came immediately, and I didn't need to have them come back to redo anything. I will definitely call them the next time I need well / water service for my house, so highly recommend them.

They have done my well. Pressure tank and reg. I have done myself. They did good work. So did I :biggrin: Especially when I ran over the well.:lol: I am sure they appreciated the money.

RPMDAD

ylexot, curious, how long have you been in your house? We had our pressure tank replaced in 2011, house was built in late 2000, we move in 2001, it lasted 10 years. This has nothing to do with Winslow Pump and Well, they did not do our well or original pressure tank. Just curious on how long yours lasted??

ylexot, curious, how long have you been in your house? We had our pressure tank replaced in 2011, house was built in late 2000, we move in 2001, it lasted 10 years. This has nothing to do with Winslow Pump and Well, they did not do our well or original pressure tank. Just curious on how long yours lasted??

Do you have a verticle type or horizontal? Makes big diff, I hear. The horizontal wears out quicker because of the friction of the bladder with the weight of the water on the bottom side. I've been through three in about 20 some years. I think they are making them better now. Oh, mine is horizontal. No room for a vert. I would like to move it inside, but not sure where I would put it. Would beat crawling under the house to mess with it.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

DR, ours is vertical, inside the basement, of course the plumbing company who replaced it said the builder did not do us any favors with the choice he used and that the one they replaced it with was better. How were the pizzas?

DR, ours is vertical, inside the basement, of course the plumbing company who replaced it said the builder did not do us any favors with the choice he used and that the one they replaced it with was better. How were the pizzas?

Not bad, beats cooking.Well, my cooking anyway.

ylexot

Super Genius
I actually don't think the pressure tank is bad. From what I've read, the typical failure is a hole in the bladder. The problem here is that the task is empty! :confused:

So, I think the problem is that the pipe going to the tank is blocked somehow.

Oh, and it's a horizontal tank and is ~12 years old.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I actually don't think the pressure tank is bad. From what I've read, the typical failure is a hole in the bladder. The problem here is that the task is empty! :confused:

So, I think the problem is that the pipe going to the tank is blocked somehow.

Oh, and it's a horizontal tank and is ~12 years old.

Rap the pipe and joints leading to and from the tank with a rubber mallet whie the pump is on, see if it dislodges anything.

bulldog

Interesting

I was just about to post a question on this very topic. However, before I do, I'll say that Winslow's came and did some work on our Geo-Thermal unit and we were very pleased with their service.

We've been experiencing reduced water pressure lately. It's noticeable in the faucets which we can live with for now, but the flushing pressure seems to be reduced as well. This would make sense if, as I think I recall reading at one time, the flushing water comes direct from the pipes and not the holding tank on the toilet. I always thought that the toilet tank water is what flushed, but then read (I think) that the take water is only to refill the bowl after flushing.

Anyone know?

ylexot

Super Genius
I was just about to post a question on this very topic. However, before I do, I'll say that Winslow's came and did some work on our Geo-Thermal unit and we were very pleased with their service.

We've been experiencing reduced water pressure lately. It's noticeable in the faucets which we can live with for now, but the flushing pressure seems to be reduced as well. This would make sense if, as I think I recall reading at one time, the flushing water comes direct from the pipes and not the holding tank on the toilet. I always thought that the toilet tank water is what flushed, but then read (I think) that the take water is only to refill the bowl after flushing.

Anyone know?

The water in the tank is what flushes the toilet (unless you have an industrial toilet). Otherwise, there is no need for the tank.