Wine bottle lamps

suthrncom4t

Is there anyone in the Calvert/St. Mary's area that makes/sells table lamps made from wine bottles? My father used to, but he is no longer with us. Some of the bottles are so beautiful - I'd love to have a lamp made from one instead of just throwing it out to recycle. Thanks for your input!

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Check the local glass company s and see who will drill a hole in the bottom for the cord, then go to Lowe's and buy the lamp works.

RPMDAD

Is there anyone in the Calvert/St. Mary's area that makes/sells table lamps made from wine bottles? My father used to, but he is no longer with us. Some of the bottles are so beautiful - I'd love to have a lamp made from one instead of just throwing it out to recycle. Thanks for your input!

suthrncom4it, are you asking about a wine bottle lamp with the lights inside the bottle or with a lampshade on top?

bobbyb

My son makes the lamps, stuffs some of them with Christmas lights, they look great. All you need is a diamond drill for your Dremel tool available from most real hardware stores.

suthrncom4t

With the lampshade on top. I'm just not talented enough to use the Dremel w/the diamond drill - besides, right now for the next 6 weeks, I'm in a cast of sorts. I'll have no problem drinkin the wine tho! lol I'm really just wanting something unique for the family room on an end table next to a chair & we have one cool wine bottle lamp, so thought I'd hopefully be able to find another to keep the "theme" of sorts going.