Cops

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pulling people over big time.
Didn't catch where, but it sounded like people violating the right turn lanes.
Rt 235?
Heard about 50 vehicles on the way home, sounded like they had a spotter calling them in.
Anybody see what was going on?

owenslx3

i dunno....but i saw a bunch of county cops in bayridge up the hill a bit just sitting on the side of the road about 3:30

Joe Bagadonuts

Pulling people over for using the breakdown lane/shoulder of the road as a travel lane when the great mills light backs up on route 5.

ChattyCat

ChattyCat
Rt 235?
Heard about 50 vehicles on the way home, sounded like they had a spotter calling them in.

The cops were pulling people over on Rt. 5 in great mills for using the right turn lane.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pulling people over for using the breakdown lane/shoulder of the road as a travel lane when the great mills light backs up on route 5.

Where were they pulling them into.
That back up on Rt 5 North is ridiculous.
The new light at Sheetz helps the Great Mills people, but screws the people going north on Rt 5.

How much ($$) is the violation?

royhobie

hobieflyer
Rt 235?

Glad to hear it. Their enhanced enforcement is certain to reduce accidents and dangerous driving practices.

Joe Bagadonuts

Where were they pulling them into.
That back up on Rt 5 North is ridiculous.
The new light at Sheetz helps the Great Mills people, but screws the people going north on Rt 5.

How much ($$) is the violation?

Pulling them into Bay Ridge Estates neighborhood, where the breakdown lane legally turns into the right hand turn lane. Can't drive for a mile-ish around traffic in the breakdown lane northbound on route 5 and call it the turn lane for great mills rd the whole time.

Don't know what the fine is.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pulling them into Bay Ridge Estates neighborhood, where the breakdown lane legally turns into the right hand turn lane. Can't drive for a mile-ish around traffic in the breakdown lane northbound on route 5 and call it the turn lane for great mills rd the whole time.

Don't know what the fine is.
When I use to go that way home from work, I would keep my truck half way on the shoulder to stop them from coming up and passing other vehicles.
I would get a line a people stuck on the shoulder pi$$ed off blowing their horns.
Loved it.

Danzig

When I use to go that way home from work, I would keep my truck half way on the shoulder to stop them from coming up and passing other vehicles.
I would get a line a people stuck on the shoulder pi$$ed off blowing their horns.
Loved it.

The police were referring to people doing that as Defensive Ends.
Today was just a azz load of warnings, verbal and written. I am sure a press release will be out soon, The captain of Special Ops was there. I got all the pics I needed....

bohman

county don't have em, and it was warnings.

But it could have been grant money???

All the cops there were SOD, not patrol.

SOD?

I'm glad the extra enforcement isn't just radar. And I hope they are getting people for using the 235 turn lane as a passing lane, too.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Loved it.

this is the dummest thing I have ever herd of. So you are admitingly driving in the lane you don;t like others to drive in? you are just as guilty as the people driving in the lane.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
The Traffic Safety Division of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous traffic safety complaints of motorist passing in an area not designed as a passing zone. Specifically, motorists have reported that during evening rush hour traffic, drivers are violating traffic law by utilizing the northbound shoulder portion of Maryland Route 5 just prior to Bay Ridge Road to pass vehicles waiting for the traffic light at Maryland Route 5 and Maryland Route 246 to change green.

Maryland Transportation Article Sec. 21, Paragraph 304 Subsection C prohibits "Driving a motor vehicle off roadway while passing vehicle." Motorist illegally passing on the shoulder of the roadway may receive a $110.00 fine and 1 point on their driving record. If the illegal passing contributes to a motor vehicle collision the penalty increases to a $150.00 fine and 3 points. A roadway is defined as "white line to white line." The shoulder is not a designated as a travel portion of the roadway

On February 27, 2012 the Traffic Safety Unit conducted a traffic initiative in the area of Maryland Route 5 and Bay Ridge Road in Great Mills, Maryland from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The purpose of this operation was to educate drivers and enforce Maryland Traffic Law, specifically Article Sec. 21, Paragraph 304 Subsection C: "Driving motor vehicle off road while passing vehicle." Sheriff's deputies stopped 163 motorists who violated traffic law. A total of (56) fifty-six written warnings and (107) verbal warnings were issued.

As the weather begins warm, pedestrians, bicyclists and more motorists travel the roadways, the Traffic Safety Unit will continue to conduct traffic safety initiates to address speed, impaired driving, texting and other aggressive traffic violations which threaten the safety of our roadways and communities.

We hope motors will do their part in promoting traffic safety and preventing collisions by operate their motor vehicles responsibly and reporting aggressive driving. “Be the Solution: leave sooner, drive slower, and arrive safely”. For further information on traffic safety please contact Sgt. Michael Butler, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office, Traffic Safety Unit at 301-475-4200 ext. 9006

Hank

my war
The Traffic Safety Division of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous traffic safety complaints of motorist passing in an area not designed as a passing zone. Specifically, motorists have reported that during evening rush hour traffic, drivers are violating traffic law by utilizing the northbound shoulder portion of Maryland Route 5 just prior to Bay Ridge Road to pass vehicles waiting for the traffic light at Maryland Route 5 and Maryland Route 246 to change green.

Maryland Transportation Article Sec. 21, Paragraph 304 Subsection C prohibits "Driving a motor vehicle off roadway while passing vehicle." Motorist illegally passing on the shoulder of the roadway may receive a $110.00 fine and 1 point on their driving record. If the illegal passing contributes to a motor vehicle collision the penalty increases to a $150.00 fine and 3 points. A roadway is defined as "white line to white line." The shoulder is not a designated as a travel portion of the roadway

On February 27, 2012 the Traffic Safety Unit conducted a traffic initiative in the area of Maryland Route 5 and Bay Ridge Road in Great Mills, Maryland from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The purpose of this operation was to educate drivers and enforce Maryland Traffic Law, specifically Article Sec. 21, Paragraph 304 Subsection C: "Driving motor vehicle off road while passing vehicle." Sheriff's deputies stopped 163 motorists who violated traffic law. A total of (56) fifty-six written warnings and (107) verbal warnings were issued.

As the weather begins warm, pedestrians, bicyclists and more motorists travel the roadways, the Traffic Safety Unit will continue to conduct traffic safety initiates to address speed, impaired driving, texting and other aggressive traffic violations which threaten the safety of our roadways and communities.

We hope motors will do their part in promoting traffic safety and preventing collisions by operate their motor vehicles responsibly and reporting aggressive driving. “Be the Solution: leave sooner, drive slower, and arrive safely”. For further information on traffic safety please contact Sgt. Michael Butler, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office, Traffic Safety Unit at 301-475-4200 ext. 9006

One paragraph and the link, dummy :smack: