Enhanced Base Security in March

royhobie

hobieflyer
I just got the word that there will be enhanced base security from 19-23 March. I understand this is a Navy wide drill. The 22nd and 23rd of March is expected to have traffic backed up substantially. We were told to expect delays as much as (3) hours getting "on or off" base. We were also told not to leave the base for lunch. Because if you did, you should not expect to get back on in a timely matter, or at all. It isn't at all out of the question to expect accidents from tail gaters in a hurry to get no where. I took the 22nd and 23rd so I don't have to deal with it. This is the days we were told will be the worst.

nomoney

I just got the word that there will be enhanced base security from 19-23 March. I understand this is a Navy wide drill. The 22nd and 23rd of March is expected to have traffic backed up substantially. We were told to expect delays as much as (3) hours getting "on or off" base. We were also told not to leave the base for lunch. Because if you did, you should not expect to get back on in a timely matter, or at all. It isn't at all out of the question to expect accidents from tail gaters in a hurry to get no where. I took the 22nd and 23rd so I don't have to deal with it. This is the days we were told will be the worst.

posting about the base makes the terrorists kill kittens :bawl:

Two-er

An additional 3 hours on and 3 hours off? I wonder if those additional 6 hours will be considered "time worked" since it's the result of a pre-planned Navy directive and cannot be avoided by most working stiffs?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Actually, it starts March 22 at noon, and ends March 24th at noon. So I'm not sure where you got your dates, but the email from the 'TotalForce HR News' people has the dates I posted.

And it says nothing about taking 3 hours to get off base. But it does say, if you are not ESSENTIAL Personel, keeps your ass home if you are off the base come noon March 22nd :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Actually, it starts March 22 at noon, and ends March 24th at noon. So I'm not sure where you got your dates, but the email from the 'TotalForce HR News' people has the dates I posted.

And it says nothing about taking 3 hours to get off base. But it does say, if you are not ESSENTIAL Personel, keeps your ass home if you are off the base come noon March 22nd :lol:

I've got the email that states 03/19 for the exercise as well (first sentence), but it won't affect people traveling on base until 03/22.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I've got the email that states 03/19 for the exercise as well (first sentence), but it won't affect people traveling on base until 03/22.

This is what I got :shrug: It states the exercise starts the week of March 19th-24th. But Charlie doesn't really kick in til noon on the 22nd.;

NAVAIR Pax and Webster Field employees:

BACKGROUND: The annual USNORTHCOM Anti Terrorism Force Protection Exercise SOLID CURTAIN-CITADEL SHIELD (SC-CS) is scheduled for the week of MARCH 19-24, 2012. This exercise is designed to ensure all Navy installations are prepared to execute essential functions and facilitate effective response and recovery in the event of a terrorist threat or actual terrorist event. A key element of this preparation is identifying the critical missions and associated Mission-Essential Personnel requiring installation access during heightened force protection conditions. The 2012 SC-CS Exercise Plan requires full implementation and sustainment of Force Protection Condition Charlie (FPCON Charlie) from 1200 EST on Thursday 22 March to 1200 EST Saturday 24 March. During this time, all NON-Mission Essential Personnel are strongly encouraged to remain away from the installation.

BASE ACCESS:
Base access will be implemented in accordance with installation Commanding Officer's guidance. In general, the following guidance applies:

* Thursday 22 March: All employees should report to duty as usual and plan to leave the base at their normal departure time. NOTE: Once FPCON CHARLIE is initiated at 1200 EST, only employees designated as Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) should re-enter the base. Non-Mission Essential Personnel (non-MEP) leaving the base after 1200 should NOT plan to return to the base until after the exercise has been completed at 1200 Saturday 24 March.

* Friday 23 March: Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) must report to work as scheduled aboard the installation, or request leave consistent with normal procedures. Non-MEP should make arrangements with their supervisors as appropriate (see guidance for Non-MEP below).

* Saturday 24 March: Activities requiring base access (MWR, Movies, Sports, Navy Exchange, Commissary, etc...) should be deferred until after 1200.

* NOTE: FPCON CHARLIE conditions DO NOT APPLY to Cherry Point and Lakehurst employees, as they are not aboard Navy installations.

It goes on if ya want the rest if it is different than what someone else recieved. But to me, it just means they will have exercises all week, but the #### gets real on the 22nd :lol:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'll be at work all day on the 22nd, whenever I'm able to get there; but I just might suddenly remember that I need to pick up something at Noon. IDK yet.
But, I do know that I'm taking off the 23rd; which really stinks; having to burn a day of leave because of something that would otherwise be called "Administrative Leave."
Screw it.:shrug: I've got time on the books. I just hope the weather doesn't go to H*ll on my three-day weekend.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

It's kind of like saying the it's going to rain the week of Feb 27-Mar 1st though... But it is 100% chance on Wednesday...

There will be small baby changes all week, but it shouldn't get interesting until that Thursday :lol:

And it better be BudLight or BudLight Platinum in those mugs :biggrin: :buddies:

I'll be at work all day on the 22nd, whenever I'm able to get there; but I just might suddenly remember that I need to pick up something at Noon. IDK yet.
But, I do know that I'm taking off the 23rd; which really stinks; having to burn a day of leave because of something that would otherwise be called "Administrative Leave."
Screw it.:shrug: I've got time on the books. I just hope the weather doesn't go to H*ll on my three-day weekend.

Hope it doesn't, we're going camping :lol: