Should The Rush Limbaugh Show Be Boycotted?

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to webpage.

"(Nearly 50,000 supporters in less than 24 hours! Keep it going! Note: Due to the overwhelming response to this petition, many visitors to the site are experiencing slowness with the loading of the form in the right-hand column. We've temporarily hidden the list of signer messages, which seems to have sped things up)

Send a message to Rush Limbaugh's advertisers: Tell them it's time to stop supporting his anti-woman hate speech.

Even by Rush Limbaugh's own standards, his attacks on Sandra Fluke were outrageous.

Last week, the House of Representatives held a hearing on access to contraception that included no women. Chairman Daryl Issa denied a Georgetown law student, Sandra Fluke, permission to speak on the absurd grounds that the hearing was about religious freedom, not birth control. After Democrats held their own hearing in which Fluke gave passionate, thoughtful testimony about a friend who lost an ovary because she couldn't afford the birth control pills that would have reduced her ovarian cysts, Rush Limbaugh apparently felt the need to weigh in and decided to do so in the shameful, loathsome way that only Rush could. As I could never improve upon the words themselves for a distillation of the soul of Rush Limbaugh, here they are:

"What does that make her (Fluke)? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute," he said. "She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception." (source: Krystal Ball, Huffington Post)

And he didn't stop there:

Not satisfied with simple slander and name-calling, Limbaugh then doubled down on his attacks on Fluke and actually demanded that she post sex tapes online: "So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch." (source: Krystal Ball, Huffington Post)

Enough is enough. It is time for Rush Limbaugh's sponsors to stop supporting his hate speech through their advertising dollars.

Sign the petition today, and send them a message. And make sure to spread the word. "Share" this on Facebook, and use the hashtag "#BoycottRush" on Twitter."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
[ After Democrats held their own hearing in which Fluke gave passionate, thoughtful testimony about a friend who lost an ovary because she couldn't afford the birth control pills that would have reduced her ovarian cysts, ."

:killingme:killingme:killingme So who thinks a professional activist for as many years as she has been one would give any other kind of testimony??

Well..who else other than the boy, I mean?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Boycotting the truth, even as crude as it may be, continues to be the main plank in any liberal platform.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:killingme:killingme:killingme So who thinks a professional activist for as many years as she has been one would give any other kind of testimony??

Well..who else other than the boy, I mean?

Well, in that case they wouldn't have been birth control pills, but cyst reduction pills which Georgetown and the Church would have covered under their insurance but the Obamorons will just nod their heads in agreement and blame the Republicans and Limbaugh.

bcp

In My Opinion
You know, I am pretty sure that the people signing the petition dont even listen to Rush in the first place.
Rush is foremost an entertainer, just like the rest of the radio personalities, liberal or conservative. Him putting down some woman in such a way is no worse than any late night talk show host making fun of a politician in their opening monologue.

People just need to get over these things.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The more they talk about boycotting, and the more they whine about him the more people will tune in.. the Obamorons are doing more for his ratings than anyhing Rush has done.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The more they talk about boycotting, and the more they whine about him the more people will tune in.. the Obamorons are doing more for his ratings than anyhing Rush has done.

That is what has happened every time before...He probably greatly appreciates the juicing up of his ratings periodically.

Hank

my war
Rush has no redeeming value. He adds no information or insight to the political dialog. All he does is attack people, mislead people, and make ignorant people feel self-righteous about their ignorance.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How are those liberal talk radio shows doing? You know like the one, what is it Air America or something? Oh wait, they went off air due to lack of listeners.

Ok ok I know, so how about the liberal TV shows? How are they doing in the ratings? Of wait, FOX destroys them too.... :killingme

:thisistooeasy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rush has no redeeming value. He adds no information or insight to the political dialog. All he does is attack people, mislead people, and make ignorant people feel self-righteous about their ignorance.

I've never listened to his radio show. But I sure do appreciate how easily and effectively he manages to get lefty panties all wadded up on a regular basis.:killingme

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Maybe you wouldn't be so angry if you listened to his show a few times

b23hqb

PREMO Member
How are those liberal talk radio shows doing? You know like the one, what is it Air America or something? Oh wait, they went off air due to lack of listeners.

Ok ok I know, so how about the liberal TV shows? How are they doing in the ratings? Of wait, FOX destroys them too.... :killingme

:thisistooeasy:

All those liberal radio programs that failed because their listeners had no pictures to aid them to figure out what was being said?

On the other hand, probably a lot of liberal shows do pretty well in the ratings (not the news shows, mind you), simply because liberal watchers DO have a picture to look at and see what is happening. More the reason to not have to think......

A brain is a terrible thing to have.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Bill Maher has no redeeming value. He adds no information or insight to the political dialog. All he does is attack people, mislead people, and make ignorant people feel self-righteous about their ignorance.

What's the difference?