So here's the dumb thing I did:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Got sick (ha) of Kiki puking all over my furniture after she eats. Nothing is wrong with her, vet said - she just scarfs and barfs. Not every day but several times a week.

Anyway, I got the bright idea to put the cats' food and water outside on the deck. They can eat out there, Kiki can puke whenever she feels like it, come in when she's done.

Tonight I get home from school and go to let the kitties in, and sitting on my deck with a cat laying on either side of him was a possum. A cute possum, but I hate them all the same. Clearly this wasn't bothering any of the animals involved.

So I opened the door and called the kitties in, preparing to shut it real quick if they decided to bring their new friend. Kiki came in but Gidget ignored me and sat outside with her pal for awhile before I finally yelled at him and made him go away.

So that kind of freaks me out - I've never seen critters around here except crazy bunnies. I'm not even sure where a possum would live around here besides apparently on my deck.

:ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Got sick (ha) of Kiki puking all over my furniture after she eats. Nothing is wrong with her, vet said - she just scarfs and barfs. Not every day but several times a week.

Anyway, I got the bright idea to put the cats' food and water outside on the deck. They can eat out there, Kiki can puke whenever she feels like it, come in when she's done.

Tonight I get home from school and go to let the kitties in, and sitting on my deck with a cat laying on either side of him was a possum. A cute possum, but I hate them all the same. Clearly this wasn't bothering any of the animals involved.

So I opened the door and called the kitties in, preparing to shut it real quick if they decided to bring their new friend. Kiki came in but Gidget ignored me and sat outside with her pal for awhile before I finally yelled at him and made him go away.

So that kind of freaks me out - I've never seen critters around here except crazy bunnies. I'm not even sure where a possum would live around here besides apparently on my deck.

:ohwell:

Was it wearing a stocking cap? It might be the one that was sleeping in my trash can for 3 days.

Chopper would have killed it. He is ninja like that.

I have a fondness for possums having raised on from a three inch baby to full grown back when I was a teen... Don't tell Kaitlin...:whistle:

Give him a kiss for me! :kiss:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I caught one in a trap in the bushes in front of my house a couple months ago. Ugly damn things.

This one was cute and seemed friendly enough. Didn't hiss or get excited when I was yelling and waving my arms at him. Just kind of sat there looking at me like I was mental before he shrugged and scurried down the steps.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went on my back porch a couple of months ago and found one climbing my screen door which freaked me out especially since at first I thought it was my cat. :yikes:

I yelled so loudly he jumped about three feet straight back off the door, was at a dead run when his feet touched the ground and moved faster than any possum I've ever seen. :killingme

Dakota

~~~~~~~
at first I thought it was my cat. :yikes:

At our old house, we had a screened in porch that we eventually enclosed. I used to keep dog food out there (yeah - I know - not a real smart thing to do - but hindsight is always crystal clear). Anyway, one day I saw what I thought was my cat eating the food. When I went to pick it up, I saw that horrible face. I almost stopped breathing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At our old house, we had a screened in porch that we eventually enclosed. I used to keep dog food out there (yeah - I know - not a real smart thing to do - but hindsight is always crystal clear). Anyway, one day I saw what I thought was my cat eating the food. When I went to pick it up, I saw that horrible face. I almost stopped breathing.

Gidget looks like a possum when I don't have my glasses on. That would have given me a heart attack.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Gidget looks like a possum when I don't have my glasses on. That would have given me a heart attack.

The cat we had at the time looked like a possum from behind even with glasses on. After I got over the panic, I was grateful I didn't get bitten.