Elderly Vet Fights Off Would-be Carjacker

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Elderly Vet Fights Off Would-be Carjacker in Lincoln Park

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. (WJBK) -- "Even today when I [thought] about it, I thought, 'Oh my God, I could have been dead or he could have been dead,'" said Constance Trusewicz.

The 78-year-old has been married to her 81-year-old husband, Barney, for 56 years. They both have bad knees, but they are still active and the best of friends.

Saturday they stopped at a gas station at Fort and Goddard in Lincoln Park. Police say 39-year-old Christopher Bowens had somewhere to go and he decided to carjack Constance and Barney.

It turns out Bowens just got out of prison in December and has as many priors as he does tattoos -- numerous bank robberies, larcenies and stolen cars.

"He indicated that he targeted the elderly couple because of their age," Lincoln Park Police Sergeant Joseph Lavis said in court. "He felt that they would offer little or no resistance."

frequentflier

happy to be living
Elderly Vet Fights Off Would-be Carjacker in Lincoln Park

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. (WJBK) -- "Even today when I [thought] about it, I thought, 'Oh my God, I could have been dead or he could have been dead,'" said Constance Trusewicz.

The 78-year-old has been married to her 81-year-old husband, Barney, for 56 years. They both have bad knees, but they are still active and the best of friends.

Saturday they stopped at a gas station at Fort and Goddard in Lincoln Park. Police say 39-year-old Christopher Bowens had somewhere to go and he decided to carjack Constance and Barney.

It turns out Bowens just got out of prison in December and has as many priors as he does tattoos -- numerous bank robberies, larcenies and stolen cars.

"He indicated that he targeted the elderly couple because of their age," Lincoln Park Police Sergeant Joseph Lavis said in court. "He felt that they would offer little or no resistance."

That is one skeery looking dude.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
CRIPES! A white thug in Deeetroit. They oughta put him in the museum as the last of his kind.