FOUND Bird in Solomons area

mamatutu

mama to two
chirp chirp :blahblah: tweet tweet tweeet :blahblah: chirp :blahblah:

Oh, Firebrand!, I thought you were a creature person. Twenty years ago, I found a parakeet in my yard, and actually was lucky enough to return it to my neighbor. Word association: chirp chirp...happy bird!

Last edited:

Roman

If you don't find the Owner, and can't keep the little guy..I will take him. I have Parrots, and know how to care for them. Shoot me a PM if you need too.

Roman

The little band around the Bird's leg is a Breeder Identification Tag if I can remeber correctly. One of my Parrots has one, and that is what I was told when I bought him 24 years ago.

ladyhawk

I had three parakeets. The first one I purchased, second was a give away and the third was a weekend visitor but and ended up being part of our family after a couple of overnight stays....

I knew the bands were ID tags, but I never took the time to write them down and I'm sure most owners don't think about them getting out and not getting them back.... Most do.

This ad is on Craigs List for a lost parakeet... Not sure if this could be the bird or not but..... Posted April 9th...

"I Lost my daughters blue parakeat, sky on easter Sunday. We live on Valley View Farm Lane in Tracys Landing. Sky is a male, he likes to talk, please listen for the following phrases: "hi sky, pretty bird, hi sage". Please call 410-570-9801 or 240-394-2004 if you have any any information

June

ladyhawk

I had three parakeets. The first one I purchased, second was a give away and the third was a weekend visitor but and ended up being part of our family after a couple of overnight stays....

I knew the bands were ID tags, but I never took the time to write them down and I'm sure most owners don't think about them getting out and not getting them back.... Most do.

This ad is on Craigs List for a lost parakeet... Not sure if this could be the bird or not but..... Posted April 9th...

"I Lost my daughters blue parakeat, sky on easter Sunday. We live on Valley View Farm Lane in Tracys Landing. Sky is a male, he likes to talk, please listen for the following phrases: "hi sky, pretty bird, hi sage". Please call 410-570-9801 or 240-394-2004 if you have any any information

June

For the record, the lady that lost her bird said it does not have a leg band...

Thanks,
June