Full Metal Jousting...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...absolutely 100% bad ass!!! Watched it for the first time last night. I'd seen the commercials but, it just didn't really sink in. Maybe I thought they were using Nerf lances or something?

This is full contact, flat out, old school man to man, horse to horse combat with the ONLY difference between the real thing is no pointy end. You will live through a round. Most likely.

The riders are an eclectic group of everything from what I would describe as typical little horsey culture prissy boys to huge, muscle bound and tatted up stunt men who could be in the WWF.

And every last one of them has to carry their balls around in a wheel barrel.

I am a fan of dirt bikes, UFC, wrestling, football, paintball, Jackass, all that guy adrenaline beat someone, or yourself, up stuff. Add this to the list. Riding a horse, and these monsters are WAR HORSES, rearing up and then CHARGING with the sole intent of nailing your opponent, every pass! No taking a knee here, boys and girls. You get a point if you hit the other rider in the scoring box on his near chest, about the size of an extra large square pizza. You get 5 if you hit it and BREAK your lance hitting him and 10 if you knock the SOB off his mount.

One round these two maniacs just nailed one another PERFECTLY and they both went pin wheeling off, landing like dead cats in a sandbox. It was magnificent.

In any event, I'm hooked. :buddies:

fredsaid2

Glad you liked it but how did you form the "typical little horsey culture prissy boys" idea? The men and women I see at the top of their game in any equestrian event are awe inspiring - cool, calm, rock solid.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...absolutely 100% bad ass!!! Watched it for the first time last night. I'd seen the commercials but, it just didn't really sink in. Maybe I thought they were using Nerf lances or something?

This is full contact, flat out, old school man to man, horse to horse combat with the ONLY difference between the real thing is no pointy end. You will live through a round. Most likely.

The riders are an eclectic group of everything from what I would describe as typical little horsey culture prissy boys to huge, muscle bound and tatted up stunt men who could be in the WWF.

And every last one of them has to carry their balls around in a wheel barrel.

I am a fan of dirt bikes, UFC, wrestling, football, paintball, Jackass, all that guy adrenaline beat someone, or yourself, up stuff. Add this to the list. Riding a horse, and these monsters are WAR HORSES, rearing up and then CHARGING with the sole intent of nailing your opponent, every pass! No taking a knee here, boys and girls. You get a point if you hit the other rider in the scoring box on his near chest, about the size of an extra large square pizza. You get 5 if you hit it and BREAK your lance hitting him and 10 if you knock the SOB off his mount.

One round these two maniacs just nailed one another PERFECTLY and they both went pin wheeling off, landing like dead cats in a sandbox. It was magnificent.

In any event, I'm hooked. :buddies:

Larry, where did you watch this? I love jousting. They have tourny's at ren faire, as well as jousting at Medieval Times, which I haven't made yet.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
We've been watching it since the beginning. We DVR it so I forget when it comes on exactly but it comes on the History Channel.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I've been watching the show a good bit myself and I love it.

Larry, where did you watch this? I love jousting. They have tourny's at ren faire, as well as jousting at Medieval Times, which I haven't made yet.

This isn't the same as you see there. It's a bit more brutal, sport not stage. The season finale is on Sunday at 10 PM on the History Channel.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

This isn't the same as you see there. It's a bit more brutal, sport not stage. The season finale is on Sunday at 10 PM on the History Channel.

I've gone to basic cable, so haven't seen it. I'll have to try to order the DVD when it's released.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Glad you liked it but how did you form the "typical little horsey culture prissy boys" idea? The men and women I see at the top of their game in any equestrian event are awe inspiring - cool, calm, rock solid.

I'm a guy. Horsey people with English hats and saddles, figure skating, gymnastics, stereotypes will go bad if you don't use them. :lol:

And, you are, of course, correct; horse people are mostly cool, calm and rock solid. However, that doesn't stop me from being a reflexive red neck.
I live in a little heavy metal bubble, you know.

:evil:

:lol:

:buddies:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

Both guys in the finals are from Medieval Times. Josh Knowles, Matt Hiltman, Josh Avery, Suda, Stiles and Jack are all from Medieval Times. Bald guy is a polo player, John Fairclough is a jumper rider, Jake Nodar is a horse trainer and I think is the guy someone is referring to as prissy because he is gay and has a tongue ring. He's a joker and likes to goof around. Then, you have a couple stunt guys, a roper, a bullrider and some marines.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Both guys in the finals are from Medieval Times. Josh Knowles, Matt Hiltman, Josh Avery, Suda, Stiles and Jack are all from Medieval Times. Bald guy is a polo player, John Fairclough is a jumper rider, Jake Nodar is a horse trainer and I think is the guy someone is referring to as prissy because he is gay and has a tongue ring. He's a joker and likes to goof around. Then, you have a couple stunt guys, a roper, a bullrider and some marines.

I said that just to be annoying. BIG props to ALL those guys. :buddies: